Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Northern California Reliability Run

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Craig Owens, Sep 12, 2015.

1. I am going to have to put something like this together in the mid west. We don't have all the cool water and red woods to view, but we got lot's of corn and flat land.
    Thanks for taking the time to post the great photos.

2. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

I recently told a fellow HAMBer that if I can't get into TROG next year I'll have to start my own race event in Indiana. Something either entirely on clay brick in honor of old days of Indy or better yet a board track! We also have too much corn and too much flat land.

3. rtsidejohnny

rtsidejohnny

Hey guys, it really doesn't need to be a big deal...it's more about getting together with a few like minded friends, DRIVE somewhere, grab a bite (or coffee, whatever), and drive back. The scenery is nice but it's more about getting out on the road with buddy's.
    Go for it guys!
    image.jpg

kidcampbell71 and Jeff34 like this.
  4. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Oh yeah! Well unless you move closer I don't have any hot rod buddies. So until you do... it'll be just me and the kids exploring all the old country roads around here.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  5. backyardbeliever

backyardbeliever

Here is everybody pulling out of the beach parking lot.....the Porsche club gets in the way with their Junk.

Here is the parking lot at the first piss break

6. Speaking of Porsche Club, we got to Stewarts Point and filled up the parking lot, the Porsche club guys showed up a few minutes later and had to park across the street in the dirt lot. Gotta love that. I have to say though, most of them were pretty interested in our cars.......car guys are car guys.

7. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

I must confess I've watched the first vid more than a couple times.

8. Craig Owens

Craig Owens

No action where you're at? Next year when the reliability run rolls around again, buy a plane ticket and come on out. I could've used a navigator...kinda tough reading the route instructions, trying to drive, and taking pictures. I wasn't the only one with a vacant spot in my car...half the cars or more only had a driver, and anyone who wanted to ride along would've been welcome.

rtsidejohnny, Jeff34 and Runnin shine like this.
  9. modified1927

modified1927

Craig, I am lax sometimes when working on a car and don't get on here enough to even hear about events like this. Down in the Modesto area and everything is focused on Graffiti it slipped through my mental grasp. I'll blame it on being old, was born in Ukiah in '49 and lived up and down the coast from Jenner to Witchpec in the 50's. if you put together a mailing list please add me? (feeling like Rodger Rabbit here, Pleeeeeeezee?) Will make sure for the next one.o_O

10. Craig Owens

Craig Owens

We lived in Ukiah back in the late 70's-early 80's. Nice area. By September of next year, I'll have forgotten whether underwear goes on the inside or the outside, much less having forgotten to do a mailing list, but here's how to make sure you don't miss the next reliability run: about the end of August, so a search for reliability run, and you should see some activity announcing the date. Dave Battista is the guy who organizes these runs (he's Redbeard on the HAMB). Dave has been putting on two runs for the last several summers. One, usually in July, is for the hard core faithful: gotta be a pre-war roadster, no radial tires, no disc brakes, no independent suspensions, and no engines newer than 1953. It narrows the field for sure, and none of my stuff qualifies, but it's fun to show up to see the cars and see 'em off. The reliability run in September is a little looser on guidelines: it's just gotta be traditional style/old school, prewar. Keep in mind, if you don't have a car or yours doesn't fit the specs, you're more than welcome to come up and go along as a passenger. Reliability Run 004.JPG Reliability Run 004.JPG Reliability Run 005.JPG Reliability Run 004.JPG Reliability Run 005.JPG Here're some pictures from the hard core run in July. Brandon's 32 coupe and my Model A coupe din't go on the run, but we showed up to see the rest of the cars.

Attached Files:

11. gmanrides

gmanrides
    from TN

Thanks for posting, the video's we're awesome!