Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods young hot rodder car nut

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Old wolf, Sep 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Young 55 chev fan 013.JPG Chris hot rod 025.JPG Chris hot rod 028.JPG Chris hot rod 027.JPG Ok here are pictures of a young hot rodder. My grandson Christopher is my youngest sons eldest son. He is named after my middle son chris who died in a car crash when he was 17 . that was 23 years ago. any this little guy is a live wire gets up at daylight and goes full tilt until late at nite. now 22 months old he likes to watch drag racing videos. he found his dad,s and uncles old metal cars and drug them into my front yard. He is Really having a big time playing with them. The picture of the gobby weld . that was done by my son chris when he was 7 years old. Back then we lived at the ded end of a gravel road. at the botton of a steep hill. My eldest son Randall Jr. and Middle son Chris would push the metal cars up that hill 1/8 mile and coast down racing each other. They stripped out the pedals & levers because at speed their shins would get banged. no brakes so they crashed into something to stop. Bent up cars and skinned up urchins was the end result. Any way the little Chris pictured stays with me a lot. Im having the most fun watching him. ive got about a half dozen go carts stored out back. I cant wait until he is old enough to drive 7 work on them.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  2. Great grandpaw.

3. I love that shot of him with the car upside-down!

4. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Very cool. I'm sure your son is happy to see his old treasures being used again.

5. If you look close his namesake had converted that car into a gasser. big wide tires on the back. hammered the fenders for tire clearance and raised the front end. Little Chris is interested in anything with an engine. He thinks everything here is for him to play on. He thinks everything is a jungle gym. He likes to climb all over my Backhoe. Im not one of those people who are always telling kids NO. I hope he keep,s being interested in my hoard. If he does he will probably inherit it.

Attached Files:

Texas Webb, Murphy32 and Sancho like this.
  6. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

youngsters keep you young, or wore out -Ha!

volvobrynk and czuch az like this.
  7. carpok

carpok
    from Indy

I see you were carful to keep all that nasty old lead paint off those cars. Only kidding.
    If more grandpas would take the time to play with young ins we'd all be better off. Ron

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. The two oldest cars we have owned for more the 40 years. they where in good cond when we first got them. My eldest sons played hard and any paint was worn off or time replaced the paint with rust. I played with my sons however I was at work a lot and didn't have the time that I do with the grandchildren. My wife stayed at home until the youngest son finished school. Then she got a job. Its my belief that people get their core concepts ingrained in them when they are little. If at least one parent isn't there they get their core concepts from whoever is babysitting them. Little Chris don't like to watch TV. The only time I seen him watch TV was when The Rockford Files was on. James Garner was in a chase scene with the fire bird and he watched the race. Any way Im going to get Chris tonite and keep him as long as I can. He stayed with me 8 days last visit.

9. 002 (10).JPG You should see my granddaughter work a air inpact wrench. She puts it on the lug nut and pulls the trigger and turns her head away. Funny as heck. Here she is. Bruce. P.S. they do wear you out.LOL.

volvobrynk and pitman like this.
  10. Shes is in to old tractors too. LOL. 005.JPG Bruce.

volvobrynk likes this.
  11. 1 more. Bruce. 004.JPG

volvobrynk and Old wolf like this.
  12. czuch az

czuch az

Too busy raising your kids, Too busy ruining the Grandkids.
    Aint it the life!!!!!!!!!

13. Very refreshing stuff guys, thanks.

14. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

One grandpa to another, That is awsome! When my grandson and I are out in the T I find myself saying "Don't tell grandma! a lot.

15. I agree with you all but, come Sunday I am kinda glad to see them go home. I am all worn out. Heres the other one. 003 (3).JPG LOL. Bruce.

16. I just got the news. We are going to have BOTH OF THEM this weekend . I will be drinking early while they take their naps.LOL. Bruce.

volvobrynk and Arabie777 like this.
  17. pitman

pitman

Straight out of "Heart Like a Wheel ! "

18. slack

slack

Very nice. True Americana

19. Just like the Bruce Springstine song about setting them on your lap and steering that big buick steering wheel. I even remember letting my daughter steering my 56 buick special down the side street and that was 30 years ago.lol. Bruce.

20. Ill bet that granddaughter will be driving the cub Farmall by herself before long. My grandson is here today. already ate breakfast and looked at the new baby pigs. he is playing with toy cars & trucks on the living room floor. its raining and he cant go outside. I wish I had half of his energy.My wife is at work so its just me and him today.

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  21. Maybe it me but it seems like more and more of us grandparents are take more time and paying more attrition to our grandkids than their parents. 002.JPG Bruce.

22. Yes We had chris here for 9 days. I took him to the drag races sunday. My eldest son and his wife met us there. I returned him home Monday morning and they brought him back last nite.

23. Old wolf.They do keep you young at heart.LOL.Bruce.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.