Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1962 Mercury Monterey 2 Door

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by pacificustoms, Aug 19, 2015.

1. pacificustoms

pacificustoms
    from Napa, CA

City: Napa

State: California
    Price: 6,500
    I'm selling my '62 Mercury Monterey 2 door. It's been a project of mine for the last few years but with young children at home I just don't have the time to work on it any longer. V8, Automatic.

What's been done:
    New floor boards and transmission tunnel have been made
    The interior floor and headliner have dynamat and other sound debtening material
    Transmission has been rebuilt
    New brakes
    New tires (they are a few years old but probably only have 200-300 miles on them)
    New paint on roof (I have the paint code so you can buy more paint the same color)
    The dash was removed when the floors were done and the dash pad holes have all been fillled along with the speaker grille and the dash and all pieces were painted and then the lace panels were painted on the dash. All of the trim pieces were polished. The steering column was removed and painted.
    All of the wiring under the dash was restored and is like new. I added vanity lights under each corner of the dash.
    T bird bucket seats were installed. They have brand new foam and new upholstery using NOS 1962 Mercury green material and a green vinyl. I have enough material left over to do door panels and package tray.
    Rear seat is upholstered to match
    New headliner installed
    New Mercedes Carpet
    New rear window seal
    Rebuilt carb
    New plugs and wires and general tune up

Things it needs:
    Door panels and package tray to finish interior, I have matching material left over to use.
    Some rust repair along drivers side quarter trim, I pulled the trim off to do so and never got around to it.
    Some little rust spots here and there.
    Trim holes are in the wrong place on drivers door as someone swapped it with a galaxie door before I got the vehicle. Trim holes need to be filled and drilled higher up.

It's not a luxury driver as there's no power steering or power brakes but it is a dependable driver that I wouldn't hesitate driving a couple hundred miles in. Its a very solid vehicle that drives good down the road. The major rust (the floors) have already been replaced, what's left is fairly minor. All of the work that has been done was done by professionals who know what they were doing, not guys in the backyard.

I have the trim for the drivers side that isn't on it in the photos. My plan for the car was to finish the interior, fix the rest of the rust and paint the lower portion the creme color of the dash.

Asking $6,500 or best offer

Robbie, 707-738-5359

Link to thread with more progress photos: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/62-mercury-monterey-mild-build.669064/

Thanks!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  2. pacificustoms

pacificustoms
    from Napa, CA

$11,000 or best offer?

3. pacificustoms

pacificustoms
    from Napa, CA

$9,750 or best offer!

4. pacificustoms

pacificustoms
    from Napa, CA

5. pacificustoms

pacificustoms
    from Napa, CA

Price drop, $8,500. Open to offers, needs to find a new home!

6. pacificustoms

pacificustoms
    from Napa, CA

7. pacificustoms

pacificustoms
    from Napa, CA

Price drop, $7,000! A steal at this price!

8. pacificustoms

pacificustoms
    from Napa, CA

Priced to sell at $6,500!!!!