Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1959 Thunderbird For Sale

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by plynch, Aug 6, 2015.

1. plynch

plynch

City: Valparaiso

State: Indiana
    Price: 4500.00
    CAR HAS BEEN SOLD. Selling a 1959 Thunderbird. Nice project car. I bought the car to throw together to cruise around some and resell but we got our overtime back at work so my extra time is spent with the family and my other hotrods

Car is partially disassembled....meaning the doors are just shells but the parts are included for the doors, all trim removed, bumpers off. A previous owner was prepping it for paint. Solid car, drivers side rear has had a partial quarter replaced, basically the same on the passenger side. The passenger side rocker was replaced also. This was done years ago, all appears to be quality work. Under the primered spots is the original paint. There is a rust hole behind the passenger side taillight and a couple pinholes behind where the sail panel trim would mount. Not trying to scare anybody away, trying to be honest. I don't buy or sell junk. Doors were blasted and primed and are perfect, trunk lid perfect, cowl area and the front of the car is perfect. Little bit of rust around one of the drain holes on the drivers floor and that is it as far as floor rust, may need a small 2" patch.

As far as I can tell all the trim and parts for the car are here, I've went thru the boxes. There are some new emblems and such, new door weatherstrip in the box. Glass is all nice and not fogged or cracked or chipped. Interior will need redone but it is ALL there and has a new dash pad installed. Dash is complete. Bumpers are not rusted or rotted but have some dings and shallow dents. Wiring all intact and not cut up.

Engine and transmission has been rebuilt previous to me owning the car and the car runs and drives. It is a 352 car but has a 61 block, heads and intake. The engine and trans don't have many miles on them, maybe 50 I've been told. Oil pressure is rock solid and the car sounds great, shifts great. It has a new clutch. 2 barrel intake on the car currently, have a 61 4-barrel intake included with the car. Car has new old school biasply skinny whitewall tires on the original rims. New brake pads all around and the brake hardware looks newer.

Since I have owned it I did a quick adjustment on the brakes, fixed a power steering leak, put new shackles, shocks, and bushings on the rear. I'm getting ready to start rebuilding the frontend with new parts that came with the car. I lowered it with blocks in the rear and new lowered coils in the front with new short shocks. If you don't want the lowered look I'll remove the rear blocks and put in the front stock springs.

Car is kind of rare from what I was reading and told by a Thunderbird club member....It is a factory 3 on the tree, a manual trans. It only has 3 options:

1. Factory Leather Seats
    2. Power steering
    3. Power brakes.

There is a possibility I will trade, but would rather take cash.

Price: $4500 or offer

This is a basic quick write up, I would rather talk to interested people on the phone to go thru the car.

Email, Call or Text me for pictures or with questions:

[email protected]
    219-510-2647

Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
  2. plynch

plynch

Trades, cash offers. FORD F1, F100, C10, D100, shortbed truck trade, or what do you have. May take a longbed if it is solid. Other hot rods, customs and such considered.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
  3. plynch

plynch

Bump. Email, text, or a good old fashioned phone call. Cash or trade

4. plynch

plynch

Bump.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2015

5. plynch

plynch