Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hollywood Knights jackets

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stinsonart, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Big_John

Big_John
    from Upstate NY

Saw Hollywood Knights at the drive-in with the second feature being another great car movie, Used Cars. Had a 69 340 Dart and a good looking girlfriend. Life was good.

Unkl Ian likes this.
  2. Green Rodz

Green Rodz

I'm still looking for a Hollywood Knights jacket, original or repop.
    Anybody ever figure out where to get one?

3. Go anywhere that makes varsity jackets....get the color right. Find the font on the DVD. They can scan that and make a larger image of it and.....bam ya got a Hollywood Knights Jacket!

Neubomb where's your El Camino......

Spooky likes this.
  4. Green Rodz

Green Rodz

I might just do that.

5. Harms Way

Harms Way

Wow,..... you've been looking for one for 6 years ?.... That's when this thread was started.....

6. Green Rodz

Green Rodz

Been looking A long time. More than 6 years.
    ONE came up on ebay. Sold cheap, IMHO. About $350. I saw it after it had already sold.
    Someone here on the hamb has Wheatly's from what I understand. But I don't know who that is. I need a L or XL.
    I'd LOVE a real one, but I'd settle for a very good knock-off.

7. Drove my old Model A pickup to the theater to see Hollywood Knights when it first premiered, a crowd of people were standing around and gawking when we came out,they thought it was a prop for the theater. HRP

"Anybody see Mike Hunt" ?:D

Spooky likes this.
  8. Green Rodz

Green Rodz

I think that was Porky's :) LOL LOL

9. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Yes, I came....and I'm glad I came!

10. Green Rodz

Green Rodz

My favorite line.
    I'm watching the movie right now. :)

11. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

Why don’t you ask Roadstar on post 19 of this thread. It looks like a repp, the font is not right but if you like it maybe he has the name of the company that made it..

12. Harms Way

Harms Way

Alright,....

Look into who owns the copyright to the name and who owns the marketing rights,... That will either lead you to who actually owns it (If anybody does anymore) Or bring you to the epiphany that you could reproduce them,... Copyright them and start your own cottage industry....

You could sell them online, But make guys do stupid things to "earn" them,.. Hey,.... You could be the official "King of the Hollywood Knights" !!!!!!!

Or,........ not :D

13. Probably so,that was 34 years ago,they all run together!:D HRP

14. Green Rodz

Green Rodz

I need to read back and check that out.

15. Green Rodz

Green Rodz

Hmmm....interesting thought.
    Do you mean, like, drop guys off in Watts, naked, carrying a tire? THAT kind of "stupid things"? :cool:

16. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Good to see this again. My good friend Jim Simpson posted this. He left us a couple of years ago and now his brother has the jackets. He loved wearing them. He was a Newbomb Turk for sure.

Spooky likes this.
  17. Green Rodz

Green Rodz

Anybody know WHERE they came from?

18. Bob Hodge

Bob Hodge

I am having a repro jacket made to the absolute original jacket specs and its due next month. Had artwork designed and made off an original movie jacket and the embroidery is being done in the identical "chain stitch" by hand on a 100+ year old Singer embroidery machine by a seamstress who has been doing these for 50+ years........can't wait!!

19. BobbyRay

BobbyRay

'Horsesh*t!!!'

Ah how I love that movie :)

Other jackets I'd like would be The Pharoes, The Lords' of the Flatbush, The Wanderers and a leather one with BRMC on the back. Perfect for a man cave.

20. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Since I just love spaghetti, I would like to have the one Tony Danza wore.

21. k9racer

k9racer

A local theater had our car club park our hot rods {{ more than 20 }} in front of the entrance for the premere . We all got in free. The local T V stations covered the event. And yes it rained that night.

1933_willys_77 likes this.
  22. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"Is this piss yellow?" How could you not like a movie that Tony Nancy was in? Awesome.

"Hey pencil dick, what time is it?" "Time TO EAT!!"

Roadstar, you've had that for quite a while, right? I remember seeing you wearing it at a meet somewhere and asking about it. At least I think that's right, maybe the Fairgrounds Swap many years ago...?

No shame in my game, I'd love to have one. Also wouldn't mind a Pharaohs jacket as well, and rest assured my name, Jocko, would be proudly embroidered on the front.

23. Bob Hodge

Bob Hodge

I HAVE A BRAND NEW, RECREATION HOLLYWOOD KNIGHTS JACKET FOR SALE ON E-BAY RIGHT NOW IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED. ITS A BEAUTIFUL EXAMPLE!!!!

24. Cbracey71

Cbracey71

I posted a Hollywood Knights jacket on this site , size L. I also posted it on eBay tonight. Thanks

25. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

RIP to Mr. Gary Graham

Attached Files:

SS327 and oliver westlund like this.
  26. cabong

cabong

Okay, it's not a Hollywood Knights jacket, but it has lots of memories tucked into the lining. When Ak Miller, Ray Brock, my wife and I ran the Carrera Panamericana back in 1991, I had these jackets made for the four of us. I never wore mine, and this is it. Anyone who knew Ak Miller, would recognize this jacket, as I believe he wore his dang ear every day for the rest of his life. The youtube video shows Ak wearing his at function.... Carrera Panamericana jacket (2).jpg

lurker mick, Spooky and MUNCIE like this.