Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone else building old dodge/plymouth other mopars?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wayfarer, Nov 6, 2003.

1. Same cruise, different night. Lots of Mopars there over the summer.

Attached Files:

• 066.JPG
      066.JPG
      File size:
      242.9 KB
      Views:
  2. RodStRace

RodStRace

A good friend just picked up a 1928 Victory six coupe body.
    No pics yet, but looking for parts and will be a while before it's on the front burner.

3. More like a 1929 than a 1927.

4. RodStRace

RodStRace

31Dodger, I'm doing searches on the 1928 for my friend and you are a wealth of info!
    Thanks for all your posts.
    I hope you continue, because Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth info isn't easy to find!

5. Rod....Thanks for the compliment. I see you on the A100 site, too. You can always contact me by my email. I LOVE to i.d. the MoPar stuff (and other stuff). I have been a MoPar (and overall old car) guy from the beginning and at 62, I have done quite a bit of research on them.

6. RodStRace

RodStRace

You are Welcome. I know that sharing info is sometimes a thankless pursuit. It's why I've backed away from some forums. Some people can't even reply in thanks. :rolleyes:
    In other news, here are the pics of my friend's project we went and got this afternoon.
    Looking for some pieces, the main ones being the passenger side door hinges.

7. RodStRace, what parts does he need for his Victory Six? Looks like an early '28, but the firewall/inner cowl has been cut/shortened.

8. RodStRace

RodStRace

Mac, along with the pass. hinges, he'd like to find a radiator shell, windshield frame, inside garnishes, door window access covers, trunk lid (yeah, good luck!) and tail pan. He could use door handles (in and out, there is a set of outer on EBay) and window regulators too, unless they are tough. The trunk lid leaning against the body in the last pic is square aluminum tubing with a steel skin and a coat of mud. It WILL be replaced somehow.

The guy he got it from did the chop and added the Model A firewall to the open hole. The edge was reported to be Dodge (the guy said he did NOT trim it back). He also started the frame (some Model A, some rectangular tubing) that may get replaced.

I caught that early=short cowl, long hood, late=long cowl, short hood mention on another post here. I don't know if that will affect any of the parts needed, but good point mentioning it! The guy across the street built a '24 Dodge sedan (actually a '27, judging from the cowl) and I know that '20s Dodges (and everything else then) 'evolved' over the course of production.
    If there are any sources for patch panels, please let me know. The body is pretty good, but needs the bottom inch, rear wheelwells and the back end. He's probably going to channel it, but it still needs this metal. If not, some fabrication can be done.

9. Unfortunately, unless he finds a spare body, there are no patch panels available. Have him measure the length of his window openings- I may have a pair. Radiator shells show up on Ebay from time to time, as do outer handles.
    All inner handles were made of Zamac and evne the best will become useless over time- just a matter of when. There is an Australian company that reproduces them... but they are expensive (many trim parts were also used by Auburn, so they go for Auburn prices). I will check to see what else I have left from Dad's restoration.

If he still has his seat and won't be using it, I am in need of seats and any interior panel snaps, etc!

Here are pics of the stock firewall- pretty clear that it's been cut back:

[​IMG][​IMG]

10. RodStRace

RodStRace

Mac, thanks! I'll pass along the info and try to get the measurements. As far as other parts, what you see is what he got. There was a set of bomber seats (one cut down) and some misc suspension parts along with an F1 steering box, but no interior stuff.
    The firewall was missing according to the seller, he added the widened Model A one to the original lip.
    At least that's the story. Once the DA goes over it, the truth will be revealed!

11. 49Dodgeboy

49Dodgeboy

headlight rings original for that car? luv the look

12. 51concord

51concord

Just got her back on the road. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1441902073.417805.jpg

52RAM108 and 49Dodgeboy like this.
  13. RodStRace

RodStRace

My friend got L-U-C-K-Y and found a rolling chassis for sale that was built for a 28 Dodge AND had a Mopar rear axle, AND BB motor mounts, and IFS. Just about what exactly what he would have built himself.
    It will need some finish work and adjusting where the body and motor sit, but a very nice next step. Yes, the firewall gap will be fixed!
    I had a core BB/auto and his dad had the headers and long rams for mockup. I know that front is not HAMB worthy, but it is a good suspension for street driving and what was already built.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mac, I didn't get measurements, too busy getting tis back and mocked up.
    BTW, the first firewall shot should show where the Dodge cowl ends and the Model A starts.

chriseakin likes this.
  14. Brand Apart

Brand Apart
    from Roswell GA

The Long Rams are bitchin, not popular on here but are from early 60's so I say leave them. Be daring do what you like

15. Randy Routt

Randy Routt

The long rams on the engine look like the shorter (inside) high rpm units made with the first few inchs of the runners near the carbs open as in not divided.Compare to this pair.

Attached Files:

16. RodStRace

RodStRace

Yep, they are the good (for racing) long rams.
    I doubt this light weight, big block combo is going to need more bottom end torque!
    Now to find a grille shell and those hinges.

17. '28 headlights show up pretty consistently- would be an improvement over the 30's style that are on it now (imho)!

18. R35J1S

R35J1S
    from Missouri

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Dropped the motor and transmission in, just to get a feel for how it will look and where it needs to go.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

whtbaron and FinnishFireball like this.
  19. Randy Routt

Randy Routt

I still have somewhere, a magazine with a 32 coupe with a set of long rams on it. a feature car in PHR or some 70s mag. There's a mopar magazine this month that has a long ram with twin turbos feeding it.I suspect that defeats the tuned runner length but looks insane.

20. oldwood

oldwood
    from arkansas

006.JPG 024.JPG Here are 2 that I need to get rid of. I bought a total of 4 Plymouth's. However my friend john(Big M) bought the '57 Plymouth Vert and stripped the '57 2dr HT this weekend here in Little Rock,AR. He is on his way back to CA. If anyone is interested in either of these cars send me a PM.

21. tailpipe47

tailpipe47

Do you realize that this Hokey Ass Message Board post started Nov 6, 2003 by wayfarer? The last was Sept. 15, 2015. Wow, is there a chat on here longer than this? Keep it going guys. Enjoying it.

bct likes this.
  22. daliant

daliant

This might just be the longest running thread on the HAMB.

hipster likes this.
  23. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

There's a pretty long one about "lets talk cyclecars", or something like that!

24. canning

canning

My SBC/4spd 1935 Plymouth. Always a work in progress...downtime only allowed in the winter. 100_3688.JPG

loudbang likes this.
  25. safetythird

safetythird

I am-current project:

[​IMG]

loudbang likes this.
  26. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

I am taking on a big challenge of Saving a 1938 Plymouth Truck.

Quohog likes this.
  27. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

I will start taking pictures as soon as I have enough parts... I am resurrecting a rescued 1938 Plymouth Truck Destined for the Crusher....

28. Quohog

Quohog

53 cranbrook w 360 magnum+t56
    IMG_0933.JPG

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
    tinsled likes this.
  29. Inland empire hot rods

Inland empire hot rods
    from so cal

Getting close on my 29 Dodge

Attached Files:

R35J1S likes this.
  30. Arthur

Arthur
    from NC

DAYUM,but that thing is pretty! What did Dodge call that body style?