Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Shades of the Past 2015

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Gman0046

Gman0046

The Shades to me is a lot more then just the show at Dollywood. I know folks who don't even go to Dollywood. Its the cruising, checking out cars up and down the strip. Its always been known for a great place to buy and sell cars. I've done both there in the past.

Gary

2. Well no rain here for the past 3 weeks now they are calling for 50 percent chance of rain in Pigeon Forge Friday, Sat and Sun. Well anything can happen here in East T.N.. The mountians a lot of times break up the weather.Guess we will have to wait and see. I said it before but if any of you see the olds wagon Friday crusing the strip wave me down. I would like to meet some of you in preson.I hope you all have a good time there.Bruce 008.JPG .

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
  3. I really don't know but I plan to drive over to Dollywood to see if I can pickup up my registration on Thursday. HRP

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. All American 6

All American 6
    from Sumter, SC

From their web site looks like on Thursday registration is open 12 noon to 5PM at Dollywood's Splash Country.

I wonder if people hang out in the Dollywood parking lot Thursday or all the action is on the strip that day?

http://www.shadesofthepast.com/2015data/part/part.html

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  5. Good deal,thanks. HRP

6. Gary, Dollywood had REALLY expanded since I moved here 18 years ago. This spring Dolly just opened here new hotel right in next door to her place on Veterns Blvd.Now she going to building another roller coaster .The fastest one in the country, I think its going to be a wooded one like the old days. This place has really grown up here in the last 18 years since I moved here but still love it here..Bruce.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
    HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  7. I missed pigeon Forge last year because I went to Novi,Michigan for the '54 Ford Nationals convention and I we also attended the Woodard Dream cruise that I have heard about for years and how great it is.

Personally I was disappointed with Woodard,don't get me wrong,there were thousands of cars but most of them were late models,the Challengers,Vette's,Mustangs and exotic sports cars were overwhelming.

There was some older cars and hot rods but the afore mentioned cars were the vast majority,and family cars.

Pigeon Forge always has a lot of hot rods cruising the main drag,day & night.

I look forward to returning this week and catching up with old friends. HRP

8. Looks like a lot more cars there at the Dollywood location than what used to show up in the field at the old location. How many cars are they bringing in now?

9. I was doing a search to see if I could find any registration numbers and ran across this video,even has my old Deuce pickup in it. HRP

10. Another video of the Deuce Show that was a part of the Shades run. HRP

11. .................Think I saw L.D. Ottinger's green '40 Pick-up at the 9 minute mark of the first video.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  12. All American 6

All American 6
    from Sumter, SC

The vendor area looks impressive too.

13. Shades of the Past does have a huge swap meet and a large vendors area selling new parts. HRP

14. Gman0046

Gman0046

The old location was bad. Not a tree in the entire field. The only trees were on the perimeter. Dollywood doesn't have dust to contend with but does have lots of sun.

15. ..........................That asphalt can get right toasty for sure.:D:eek:

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  16. All American 6

All American 6
    from Sumter, SC

Weather is getting better. I think we'll have a good weekend. Might have to throw the car cover over the car once or twice, but it will still be a good time. Probably most people in this thread are already traveling. Untitled.jpg

17. All American 6.The weather changes here so quickly because if the mountians here.It could be a GOOD week end.We will just have to see. Bruce.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
    All American 6 likes this.
  18. Left South Carolina this morning in the rain and drove in it at all the way,got to Pigeon Forge and it wasn't raining,was here about 15 minutes before it started raining so I guess I brought it with me,it's still pouring but hopefully the weather will improve. HRP

Legends47 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  19. Thanks H.R.P. No rain here for 3 weeks and this afternoon the skys just opened up and frickin poured,did you bring it up with you? LOL. same forcast for tomorrow. Then better for Friday{that's when I will be cruisizin the strip}in the olds wagon. Sat 40 precent chanece of rain. Bruce.

20. ratrod0

ratrod0

Save me and dad a spot be there in the moring

21. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I have stayed at the Americana during Rod Runs a bunch always a good time. Sadly we won't be able to come.

22. ratrod0

ratrod0

Just put a new fuel pump on went to get gas up , pump stopped working just got done be there in the moring I hope.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  23. 440 deluxe

440 deluxe

leaving at lunch. hope the weather gets better!! and safe travels to all

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  24. HIDDEN

HIDDEN

We rode thru last night and dropped a car off. I was surprised at the crowd on Wed.
    BTW, anyone need a Galaxie? 11371056_1628770544070649_1465722851_n.jpg

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  25. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Danny make sure ya post pics for us folks that couldn't go.

HOTRODPRIMER and lothiandon1940 like this.
  26. Lot's of cars and lots of rain,but the forecast for Friday & Saturday calls for clear sky's and mid 70's. HRP

27. What's the weather doing now?

28. Tn. Trash

Tn. Trash

Hope everbody is safe and has a good time. I couldn`t make it this year, first time in the last few years.
    I guess the honey-do list will get shorter this weekend LOL. Maybe we`ll get to see some pics, hint-hint.

29. Tom,the weather is suppose to be nice on Saturday,high 70 degrees. HRP

30. Danny, If you chat with any Maryland guys tell 'em to get on the HAMB.:)....We need to up the membership on the Maryland Social Group. I do all I can to preach the "gospel" of traditional hot rods and customs but some folks are reluctant (for reasons I don't understand) to get on here......................Be safe and have fun.:)..............Don.

i.rant and olcurmdgeon like this.