Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Long lost 1932 Ford Roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kent Vanhelsing, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Kent Vanhelsing

Kent Vanhelsing

Seeking assistance from HAMBers in Western Colorado, four corners area in possibly tracking down current location/ owner of my old Cadillac powered '32 roadster. This faithful companion took me through college and on a four month tour around the U.S. I sold this car in the late 60's for graduate school funds- looked it up two years later and found it sitting outside in the dirt with a raggedy ass tarp over it.

Fighting severe nausea, I attempted to buy it back. No deal. I had to listen to the same B.S. we've all heard; " Nah, I'm planning to fix it up this winter ". I quickly decided that homicide might reflect negatively on my med school application, so I simply said, " I'll be back to check on it next summer ". Well, next summer turned into med school, career, marriage, family, and relocations.
    I never saw the car again. After all these years, curiosity has gotten the best of me. I would like to hope the roadster has found a good home, and I'm sure the current owner would like to have its history and photos at many state line markers.

Easily identified: drivers door is welded shut and smoothed over. (Don't cringe, I bought it that way)
    Highboy style on stock '32 rails. Stock height windshield, rumble seat style deck lid. Cadillac engine, '37 Ford chromed tube axle front end. At the time of sale, it was gold body with '32 fenders still in primer. Red and white interior with dash insert and gauges from a '30's Auburn.

Thanks for reading, and any sightings or leads will be appreciated !

2. Kent Vanhelsing

Kent Vanhelsing

3. Don't tease us, can you post some pictures from when you ran it? Good luck on your search.

4. rod1

rod1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Kent that is so cool.Just right.I have collected just about every part in your picture.Really .It's uncanny.I had to get back on and make sure I didn't dream the post.You might be careful with having two threads about the car the though,...might lead to confusion.

5. that is an awesome car! hope you find it.......or find the stuff to build a clone.

6. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

maybe still under the tarp?

7. manyolcars

manyolcars

Quite possible. An old guy called me wanting to buy a Cushman scooter and began telling me about the scooters he rode at his grandmas house when he was a kid. I asked, "What happened to them?" There was a pause while he thought about that. A week later he called and said they were still there and he got'em.

8. The37Kid

The37Kid

That car very nice, has to be out there somewere, good luck in your search. Bob

9. Kent Vanhelsing

Kent Vanhelsing

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement ! Both good and bad deeds are boomerangs- they may float around in space for awhile, but eventually come back to you.

Here are a couple more photos; sorry about the quality, this was long before easy digital photos ! Fenderless one is at the Alton, Ill. Dragway. With fenders is at Brainerd, MN. drags. The OMG photo is our family house in Grand Junction, CO. Don't stake me out on an ant hill; I really did have the '32 roadster and a '32 five window at the same time and sold them both...... IMG_20150909_122550.jpg IMG_20150909_122702.jpg IMG_20150909_122749.jpg IMG_20150909_122550.jpg IMG_20150909_122702.jpg IMG_20150909_122749.jpg IMG_20150909_122550.jpg

birdog, kidcampbell71 and tb33anda3rd like this.
  10. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Here's to hoping that it remains as pictured, in pieces waiting to be rediscovered in a garage somewhere with all the vintage parts.
    Hopefully, someone didn't make it unrecognizeable; a cookie cutter 32 Hiboy in the 80's by opening up the welded door, painting it red with billet wheels, tweed interior and 350/350.

11. Gadzooks man .... lived the life, that's for sure ! Nice.

12. rod1

rod1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Details! We need Details.Where did you live in Junction,any names to go by....