Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 51 ply concord need info

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mutt423240, Sep 7, 2015.

1. mutt423240

mutt423240

i have a concord and i want to put p/s and p/b. anyone know what or who can help?

2. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

Suggest you rebuild or repair the front suspension and have an alignment done. I know guys who have done this on similar cars, and it took away all desire for power steering. Don't go too wide on the front tires and pump them up to 32PSI.

It is possible to weld brackets to the frame and install modern gas filled shock absorbers. This improves the ride and handling. With new shocks all around, and an alignment you might be surprised how nice the car drives.

The brakes were state of the art for the time and work very well if set up correctly. You need to contour the shoes to fit the drums, and do a major adjustment as outlined in the factory manual. If you do this you will enjoy sure, straight stops with the original non power brakes.

If you want power brakes and a modern dual master cylinder the easiest way is to bolt a bracket to the frame behind the stock master cylinder, and operate it with a long rod that passes through the original master cylinder.

3. mutt423240

mutt423240

thanks rusty for info.