Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects What!!? another 27 on 32 chassis!??. Scratch build body.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Mindover, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Roger53

Roger53

Hi I'd say please hang in there your work just so over the top . Really enjoy your posts it's one of the ones I have gone over more than once. Roger

2. They have Labor Day over there ? They do here ... and it is today ... what's going on in the rest of the working world ?

3. marioD

marioD

We don't have a holiday here. I returned from Beaulieu Autojumble in England last night so i took a day off
    today for recovering ;)

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  4. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

I have been unable to do any work on my T for a quite a while but I hope to get back on it after Christmas. One of the things that have kept me busy is building my new website www.classicmetalshaping.co.uk and making some videos for it. Here is a link to the latest one with more to follow soon. they are to promote my business but perhaps some will find the metal shaping content interesting.

David

5. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

Hi David...
    Congrats on your new site. Thank for sharing.
    Like you, my T has been sitting for too long. Life gets in the way.
    Unlike you... mine won't look anywhere as nice. But I enjoy puttering around on it.
    Best of luck.
    Joe
    P.S. My copy of your DVD rests in easy reach of my chair, when I get a chance to sit still. I watch the DVD every now and then and am still amazed at your skill.

6. toreadorxlt

toreadorxlt
    from Nashua, NH

this was my inspiration. I've started on a scratch built 27 on 32 rails myself. I totally stole your idea for the subframe. Can't wait to see more pics david.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  7. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

Very nice work. your craftsmanship is truly amazing. You make everything look so easy and it all comes out looking perfect. I'm planning on picking up your DVD soon. If I'm able to learn half of what you've forgotten, I'll be more than happy.

8. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

Hi Joe glad you are still looking in. I will have another video soon.

9. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

Yes I came across your build. I will be trying to get the T moved on in the new year. Thanks for looking in.

10. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

The best tip I can give with this work is to work in a methodical way. Work like a machine works. Whenever you decide to buy the DVD I hope you like it.

David

11. Finally moved in to my new place Dave - I've unpacked your DVD for re-watching...

12. The website looks fantastic David! Those SS100's are handsome. I kinda want one bad!

13. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

From what Glen tells me your new place is great Phil. You dont have to rely on my DVD can come and see the real thing any time you want Phil. lol. See you soon.

David

14. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

Thanks for checking it out Mike. I have done quite a few SS100s in the last twenty seven years or so. Some originals and a few replicas. Even a replica runs to a lot of money.
    Check the website again some time I will add more content as I get time.

David

15. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

Here is another other Video I made showing some of out work and what we can do with the Pullmax. Look out for the Tooling for the 27 T body. Again its really to promote my business but some info on there.

David

16. sonic03bluegt

sonic03bluegt
    from sc

Just read through this whole thread, cant wait to see more updates on the car!

17. David, great video on the pullmax, they really are a versatile machine. Thank you for showing the different types of tooling.

18. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

Hi Jimmy, good to see you looked in on my thread. Thanks for staying interested. I hope to get started on the car again soon.

David

19. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

Glad you like the build. I hope to get back on it after Christmas.

David

20. redoxide

redoxide

Hi David, hope your well and making good progress with work and projects :) I was disappointed that I never got more time to speak to you at Pendine, but appreciate you were busy.. Im hoping to get down in 2016, hope to see you there . Just had a look at your new web site. Looks great. Doesn't need saying but i will say it anyway, you and your mucker do incredible work. Thanks again for the inspiration you provide .

Cheers for now .

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  21. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

Hi Ian, Yes Pendine was a busy time. I was out in the evenings but never ran into you. Glad you like the website, its a work in progress but getting there. I should be at Pending next year as long as nothing goes wrong.

David

22. weeman

weeman
    from England

I'm trying to get him to stop doing normal work and get on with his T so he can get it to pendine or Gow next year.
    Glen

23. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

I have not been on here for a while, I have been too busy in real life to find time for forums and I have not had time to work on my T. That's all about to change I am starting back on my T in earnest on the 11th and plan on getting my chassis finished by spending three days straight working on it to get it kick started. My mate Glen is coming over to help me for those three days so it should be not only productive but fun too. Another thing I have done is to buy a 27 T body, or most of one. More soon and I will put up some photos soon.

Meanwhile I made another video for youtube. This one shows my louvers press and a few jobs we have done with it.

David

24. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

Nice Video, David. The last louver job I did at the end of the year was a `34 Ford Hood Top. 48 Louvers there. Nothing in comparison to your experience, though. Also glad to see that you are going back to the `27. Looking forward to your progress on it......

Afrodizzyak47 likes this.
  25. Great video David. Thank you for sharing.

26. Gojeep

Gojeep
    from Australia

Always great seeing an update from you David.

27. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

It took a lot to build my louver punch all those years ago, I have gradually built up a good amount of tooling so can now tackle most jobs but for one off or new styles I am pretty experienced at making the tooling now so it's not so daunting.

Thanks for looking in Jimmy, I will have updates on my roadster soon.

Thanks, I should be able to do regular work on my roadsters from now on.

David

Jimmy B likes this.
  28. pcbart

pcbart
    from NC

Love everything you have done. I appreciate your dedication to your family and to your craft. I will definetly follow your thread!

29. Good to see you on the go again David, I look forward to the new CD and will get one as soon as it comes available. I just love what yo do with metal!!! Everytime I see your posts, I become more envious lol.. but seriously, I really learn something new and begin to realise the differences between dents and dings hehehe

30. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for looking in. I will try to post some photos later. I have to make a new website for metalshapingzone.com because the existing one has lost all the links to the photos so I will be busy doing that for a while. Meanwhile the rest of the website is still working and the DVD is still for sale on there. I am filming and editing the next one but to make an informative video is a slow process.

David