Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 32 Roadster Body - a new approach. AKA Beetledeuce

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by english gent, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Oh yeah. I had a detour with a needy bird. That birdy was like having a newborn...: that only wanted me. he was re homed so I'm circling the wagons and hope to get back to it soon.

2. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

Just kidding. Both of you are doing some amazing metal work while seeing another car hidden within the lines of what you have.

3. Any updates,been a long time since you posted . HRP

timwhit likes this.
  4. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

Soo close , but it's a big project I could understand "burnout" I'd be in heaven now chassis stuff is my favorite!

5. Was last on here 3 day ago, would be nice to hear something just to know its still going to be finished. JW

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  6. english gent

english gent
    from England

Time for a long overdue update I think.

My hand has been forced slightly, in that I must vacate my workshop by the end of the month.
    Because of this, I have decided to finish as much of the body as I can in that time, then move the project on, hopefully to someone with the vision and inclination to put this car on the road.

On a side note, I've just got back from a trip to California and Vegas. You guys have a fantastic country and so many cool cars, you don't know how lucky you are!

So, back to Beetledeuce, I'm now working on the bead around the wheel well. I've made the profile more like the Model A than the B, but hell, I'm allowed some artistic licence. 20150905_192108.jpg

7. Yay ! Spunk wanker like-y !! (Well, not the losing shop part.)

8. Cheers for the update and I hope to see a build thread by the new owner in the future. A big thanks for the journey so far, its been very cool. :cool::cool::cool::D JW

9. So near,yet so far.

The build has be nothing short of amazing and I hope the the owner has the vision & will pickup where you let off and keep this thread going,I would hate to not see this transformation from a junk vw not be finished,especially since so many of us were vocal with the administration when this thread was deleted and brought back by popular demand. HRP

Tony Martino likes this.
  10. english gent

english gent
    from England

Thanks HRP.
    I've been in touch with the editor of a Hot Rod magazine here in the UK. We spoke about running a feature on the build and maybe through the magazine I can find someone to carry on the work.
    I'll try to stay in touch with the new owner and post updates myself if need be.

scotts52 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  11. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

That is still a nice body!!
    Wish I had the money, would make a wonderfull body for my 1929 chevy project.
    Great work.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  12. Hey gent,
    Sorry to hear of your predicament.
    Hope you are successful in your future endeavors.
    This thread was a real treat.
    You have been an insperation to countless many.
    Best of luck!

13. Sorry to hear about your loss of the shop. This has been one of the most creative threads on here, showing alternate ways to approach things we all run into. Please continue to contribute whatever you can. Cheers!

14. verde742

verde742

Pages and pages of talk,
    More of a picture guy, myself..

15. lrapso

lrapso
    from Costa Rica

English gent
    Your work has been very inspirational
    Hope in the futre your issues go well
    And you contune sharing your work for our improved knowledge

16. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

Very sad... Don't jump to conclusions... Maybe store it for awhile ... You may get things sorted out shortly and be working on it sooner than you think

17. Bummer. I hope you can find a place for it somewhere so that you can finish it. A new owner probably wouldn't do as great a job as you have done on it. You have great vision.

18. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Too close to done to stop now. Where there is a will there is a way.

19. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

Illigetimi non carburendum, EG.
    (Don't let the bastards wear ya down!)

Hope you find a way to finish your dream.

volvobrynk likes this.
  20. JimSibley

JimSibley

Finish it up. Maybe Theresa person in your area with some space for you. Come on hamb lets help a brother out.

volvobrynk likes this.
  21. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:( Hi English Gent.Sorry to hear of your predicament.Please don`t be a stranger.The door is always open,so come on in and say howdy.All the best to you and yours.You have one of the neatest builds that I have seen in a long time.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

22. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

It certainly would be a shame if you can't finish your build, which is one of the most amazing builds I have seen for some time. Know that you have a lot of people in your corner pulling for you,hopefully one of the HAMBers in the UK can help you find a new location so you can complete it.

volvobrynk likes this.
  23. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I agree, it would be a shame to see you have to find a new owner for this project.
    It would not be the first time however we have seen a previously posted hand built 32 roadster body moved on to a new owner and other projects here have disappeared as well.
    In some cases we never know what happened to them.
    It would be good as some say if you can find a new space to work and carry on.
    Good luck, it has been a pleasure following your talented and unusual endeavor.

24. Robert Crosse

Robert Crosse
    from WNY

Hey man sorry to hear about the shop, more sorryier to hear your passing the BD on. You'll be hard pressed finding someone with your vision, let alone skills.
    It's been fun.
    Lets hope you can find a way to.......
    [​IMG]

Bob

volvobrynk likes this.
  25. dudley32

dudley32

Sorry you have to sell it...nice job...

26. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

It's not that big. Put it in your living room, stand it on the firewall and put your TV and some books in it until you find a new shop. It is too cool to let it get away.

27. Ulu

Ulu
    from CenCal

So sorry to see this die!

28. english gent

english gent
    from England

Thanks for all the support guys.
    Whatever happens it's been a great experience posting this build on the HAMB and I really appreciate all the support and encouragement.
    I feel I've achieved what I set out to do which was to build a good looking roadster body using the Bug and I'm pleased with the results.

Back to today's work, continuing around the wheel well.

20150907_141955.jpg 20150907_142037.jpg

29. RodStRace

RodStRace

I agree that it's a shame that you have made such amazing progress without a finished result.
    While others here have some amazing skills, it's tough to imagine someone else getting this unique project across the finish line in the same style.
    Here's hoping that a nearby suitable storage or work area is found so that you will be able to complete it.

30. Amen. Call in a favor and find a barn somewhere!!!!

Never give up!!

kidcampbell71 likes this.