Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Just pay the man, say Thank You! and move along..........

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The37Kid, Jul 26, 2015.

1. damn....I paid $175 just for the manifold last fall....good deal!

2. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Got these on the way home from vacation last weekend. Going on my new engine. Nice shape.

0728151004.jpg

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  3. NORSON

NORSON

At the Spokane swap meet I picked up a bulls-eye pick and a friction jack (body tools) for $10. Of coarse I had to drive 350 miles to get there...... and the room was only $87. Oh, I also got some Willys wallpaper.
    Norm

4. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

5. I helped a friend install a garage door opener and he gave me two Craftsman 1/4 drive socket sets, one SAE one metric.

6. ratrodcentral

ratrodcentral

8-2015-9 001.JPG 8-2015-9 019.JPG 8-2015-9 007.JPG Bob, Does general flea market count. I picked up these 1963 Falcon NOS headlight doors and grill.
    I just payed the lady the price. She was so glad that I did not try to chisel the price she handed me $10 back
    Bruce in Saugerties

7. N.O.S. Mallory Red Cap for 6 cylinder for $8.00.

Going to use it on my ZCM 180 Mallory

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Clik

Clik

People around here think a Garage Sale is selling baby clothes out of their garage.

9. REBEL

REBEL

[​IMG]
    127991d1370541474-open-house-50s-1.jpg

Dealership was going out of business with an auction. I bid and won a peanut dispenser (two head on stand) 25 cent machine, one glass was broken but only paid $28 bucks for it. When home I cleaned it up and found $32.75 in change in it. I made a single head out of it and it sits in my basement.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
  10. farmboat

farmboat
    from Lucas, KY

I bought a miller 211 got a spool gun and a $200 rebate!

clunkerbob likes this.
  11. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

I didnt go to the swapmeet in Warsaw or the steam engine show. Decided to be responsible and work on projects on my riverfront.Probably would have spent less at the swap and flea market!

12. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Chicken scratching through a yard I have been going to for 25 yrs, and found a building that I didn't even knew was on the property. Picked up a Rochester 2gc, Stromberg 81, yes a 81 and a killer 5" amber fog light by Unity. 45 bucks. The stromberg was complete and parts moved freely. No its not for sale:D

13. silent rick 003 (3).JPG My co partner Sunny Girl would of loved that.lol.Bruce.

14. Well that's just not right. :p

I bought an old brass National Cash Register at an auction some years ago and found a $5 bill stuffed behind the cash drawer. But it didn't exceed the cost of my purchase! :rolleyes:

15. Found a NOS set of 32 pedals at the swap meet for 50 bux complete with all the linkages. Sold 'em to Just Steve for $100 and a Rodder's Digest hat and shirt....Still have the hat and shirt and Roadsir has the pedals in his 32 three window....we all won!

16. My prize yesterday was a RAJAH plug wire crimper/stripper for $3.

17. 5window

5window

In my dream, I have $501-but hen I wake up.

big duece likes this.
  18. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Last BIG score I made was at a local wreckers...my bud said he always checks glove boxes for original owners' manuals. There was a '90s Buick station wagon, a real jewel, rear ended, otherwise clean...
    I opened the glove box, there was an original envelope with the owner's manual and a Dealer warranty card inside...Owner's manual looked brand new, but was not real 'flat...I opened it and found 6 new $100 bills!
    Elderly folks used to pack money in glove box in case of emergency...
    I took the card with the owner's name home, and called the number in the phone directory.
    Number disconnected, Merced address. Dropped by the address, young man said they bought the place after the elders passed away.

Turlock swap meet:
    Early Sunday morning, elder man with a long table set up, lots of small parts, mainly GM carbs, fuel pumps, window & door handles, and on the end was a N.O.S. Stewart-Warner gauge panel, no gauges, bare. It was the 'trapezoidal' one, for 5 gauges, speedo in the center, 4 small outlying.
    "How much?" I ask. "$15.00," he answers. "Take $30.00?" Bunch of guys laugh...the old guy said, "Fifteen, Sir." I said, "Sorry, thirty's all I got...I've been looking for this for 8 years, and you've cared for it." The old guy said, "God bless you, Sir..." I was glad to have both of them.
    Walking away, my dense brother says, "Mike! You coulda got that for 10! Why do you do that?"
    I let him guess.

19. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

I picked up a nice 57 chev truck front straight axle and springs today, $120, for my gasser build.

20. clunkerbob

clunkerbob
    from Arizona

Well shoot :( I havnt scored on any flea market deals like you guys lately , but I did get a killer deal on a '96 Ford 1/2 ton pickup a month ago to haul my junk around in , and I just bought a house at way below market . I know this doesnt count , but its sure nice to get a good deal once in awhile . Kind of makes up for all the times I got hosed on the stuff I bought :)

21. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Sounds like the wind is blowing you in the right directions, those deals happen when you least expect it.

22. clunkerbob

clunkerbob
    from Arizona

I envy you guys that live in the bigger towns and cities . Out here in the sticks where I live everybody thinks there stuff is worth a fortune , and its usually worn out junk . When I lived in L.A. people got rid of stuff just because they got tired of it or didnt like the color anymore , there were a lot of good deals to be found .

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
  23. The Continental

The Continental
    from Texas

About 5 truck loads of stuff and only car stuff was this and I think an old antifreeze tester

Attached Files:

24. blue 49

blue 49
    from Iowa

Last year I got a Superior metalflake blue steering wheel for $5 at a flea market. It didn't clean up very well but what the hell, $5.

Gary