Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Persistence

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chiro, May 4, 2015.

1. chiro

chiro

Was in South Carolina last week on business. Driving down a country lane passed an old small 3 bay repair shop that was down a grade in a pit off the road. Under a carport next to it was a '35 Plymouth coupe. It's just one of those things. You see it there and decide to check it out. Pull in to the lot and the light is on in one of the bays and door on office open. I walk in and introduce myself to the older guy in the shop and sitting there is an awesome '40 Ford coupe and I start drooling. Old paint, nice older interior, 350/350, updated front suspension and rear end. It's just this really nice unpretentious survivor/drive anywhere car. Guy tells me that he always wanted a '40 Ford coupe and was after this particular car FOR 36 YEARS!!! Holy crap. Finally the P.O. called him from the nursing home and said, "looks like I'm never getting out of this place, so if you still want the car, I will sell it to you now." Guy bought it the following day.

Wow.

2. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

And....what about the 35 Plymouth?? LOL

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. raidmagic

raidmagic

Yeah, I can't help but feel he left off on his story lol

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. Yes,like to see both.

5. chiro

chiro

Didn't take any pics. The guy was nice enough to let me in his shop. Picture some Yankee in golf clothes driving up to your shop in a rented Honda sounding straight out of Brooklyn. I'm lucky he didn't scare me off with a shotgun. He was very nice. Didn't want to blow the hospitality. '35 Plymouth was sweet too. All original business coupe. Paint was older but had been redone. Same with interior. Straight as a pin. Just a nice car.

302GMC likes this.
  6. You experienced what we like to call "Southern Hospitality".

Unless your chasing his daughter the shotgun stays in the corner! :D

BTW,where were you in South Carolina? HRP

Last edited: May 5, 2015
  7. chiro

chiro

I was in Spartanburg/Boiling Springs/Gramling

8. Why do people think Southerners dislike Northerners and want to run them off? We all live in one country, just different accents. Its traditional for people down here to be friendly to strangers.

9. clunkerbob

clunkerbob
    from Arizona

I think its the other way around 56don . Northerners typically dont like Southerners from what I have seen . They think they are ignorant ,racist , redneck hillbillies . My limited experience with Southern people have always been positive . If you dont believe me just look at the media and Hollywood portrayal of Southern people .

poboyross likes this.