Register now to get rid of these ads!

Offenhauser flathead Ford dizzy lead plate

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dmarv, Oct 17, 2005.

1. dmarv

dmarv
    Alliance Vendor
    from Exeter, CA

I happen to have the molds and tooling for the Offenhauser flathead Ford distributor lead plate. For those that don't know what it is, it is an adapter that mounts to the timing cover and allows the distributor to be advanced or retarted by rotating the distributor. With this item you can easily set and/or change your timing. I know the new Mallory distributors have an elongated mounting hole that allow for this. This item can be used on all 2 and 3 bolt distributors. I'm trying to see how many I will need to have casted. Anyone interested?

2. VonXulu

VonXulu
    from Ventura Ca

Depends on price, but you got my attention. Where the hell is Exeter?

3. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

It's up Hwy 99 just east of Visalia. Like near Sequioa & Kings Canyon.
    It your on the 99 & see a Huge Holiday Inn on the right while going north. exit there & follow that hwy east. It'll lead you to Exeter.

4. dmarv

dmarv
    Alliance Vendor
    from Exeter, CA

Finishing pricing this week. The purpose of this post was to help determine initial demand for casting. I will post pricing when finished.

Kevin, you work for Mapquest?

5. Gasserfreak

Gasserfreak
    from Yuma, AZ

Depending on pricing, I'm interested. Put me in line, depending on the final price.

Drew

6. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

That's funny:D !
    I just happen to have had a friend that lives in Reedley & while going up to visit her I took a side trip there to Exeter. I probably wouldn't have known about any other way. I liked exploring when taking trips, that's how one learns.
    Bye!;)

7. dmarv

dmarv
    Alliance Vendor
    from Exeter, CA

Kevin, a trip to Exeter while going to Reedley is definately a "side trip". Hope You enjoyed our little town.

8. choptop30

choptop30
    from Arkansas

9. hey man,

this is for early crab style dizzies right? i know of someone here who would love one.

danny

10. dmarv

dmarv
    Alliance Vendor
    from Exeter, CA

Pysco, I can make them for the three bolt divers helmet and the 2 bolt crab. I can also make conversion from two bolt timing cover to three bolt dizzy or three bolt timing covers to 2 bolt dizzy. Also, long or short shaft cam nose.

11. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

Was gone for a couple of weeks & trying to catch up on posts while away (down to page 25 so far...) - I may be interested in one of these...

12. HotRodAV8

HotRodAV8
    from Seattle Wa

if cost is normal probably could use one or two, maybe more once the other locals saw it. Send me a pm if you cast them up thanks Ryan

13. Depending on the pricing I'll take one or two
    thanks

Bob

14. dmarv

dmarv
    Alliance Vendor
    from Exeter, CA

OK, here is where I'm at. The machine shop that I was working with wanted WAY too much for the machine work. I found another shop that is familar with the part and has CNC machines. He needs actually draws of the unit for his programming and will give me a quote when he gets the drawing. So, I'm working on the drawings for him. They maybe done today if I don't have anything else come up (unfortunately I have a day job). Thanks for all of the interest I will PM you when I get more info.

15. dmarv

dmarv
    Alliance Vendor
    from Exeter, CA

I've finally got final pricing done on the distributor lead plates. They will be $195.00. The plates will include the distributor drive adpater. I will need to know if you have a 2 or 3 bolt distributor and what cam you have (long or short nose). Anyone interested can send me a PM or call me at 559-592-2707. I have already sent PM's to people that responded to this post earlier. These distributor plates are a great original speed equipment accessory that you can't find anywhere. They let you easily adjust ignition timing 15 degrees advance or retard without removing the distributor. If anyone has questions feel free to contact me! Thanks!

Dan

16. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

Dan,

You got any pics or drawings? I only ask because I think I'm thinking of something else & your price looks pretty steep, but I'm sure it's because of my misunderstanding...

17. dmarv

dmarv
    Alliance Vendor
    from Exeter, CA

I contacted the machine shop this morning about their bid for the lead plate machine work. They had added the time to do the machine work twice! That almost doubled my cost. Sorry for the mixup on the pricing. The correct pricing is $195.00. I also talked to Offenhauser about pricing. The last price sheet they had with the lead plate on it was about 15 years old. Offenhauser's price was $280.00. If anyone needs more info, just send me a PM. Thanks!!

18. dmarv

dmarv
    Alliance Vendor
    from Exeter, CA

Here are some pictures of an Offenhauser lead plate for those that have never seen one.

Attached Files:

19. dmarv

dmarv
    Alliance Vendor
    from Exeter, CA

Ok, here is the lead sheet for the lead plate. Getting closer to getting them done. If anyone needs more info, PM me.

Attached Files:

20. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

I know this is a really old thread, but are you still making these, dmarv? I need to order one if so.

21. HotRodMicky

HotRodMicky

22. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

Paging Dan Marvin....Dan Marvin to the red phone.

23. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

24. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

Bruce, I called Exeter Auto Supply, and Dan is apparently no longer there. They said to call him directly for Offenhauser parts...which I've tried. I haven't been able to get ahold of him, so I thought I would try here also.