Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Edelbrock XF-8

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 31SedanMan, Sep 2, 2015.

1. 31SedanMan

31SedanMan

Good morning! I'm looking for input from anybody who is successfully running one of these on a SBF. I have read very little about the XF-8 (or the XC-8 for the SBC). I'll be running this on a mild stroker in a hoodless / fenderless Model A street rod. The carbs are mechanical secondary 450's. I am custom spinning a vacuum log (ign., PB,...) and will install between the carb spacers to provide some balance between the separate plenums. I realize that there are plenty of easier or less problematic intake choices. I'm obviously after the curb appeal running something you don't see too often. If you have any input on how to make this work well please post.

Attached Files:

2. Cam and gears ..... are the key. That intake likes revs. There are some posts in the archives. Hit the magnifying glass "search" function. Yep, yep. Good luck.

3. Primered Forever

Primered Forever
    from Joplin,MO

My cousin ran that setup on a roller 302 and had good luck. The key was to tweak the air bleeds on the 450s take make it run good.

4. 31SedanMan

31SedanMan

Thanks for your input. It'll be winter before I can play with it... I'm starting a major project due to a cracked frame.