Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects after 25 years i Got my 60 chevy bel air back today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 55chrysler, Sep 2, 2015.

1. 55chrysler

55chrysler
    from kelso wa

Today is a good day. In 1989 I did a trade with my friend Shaun to get this 60 Bel Air. I broke the motor and ended up trading back to Shaun in 1990. It made it's way thru a bunch of owners thru out the years. One of the neat things to the story of this car is that I got my 1960 Mercury on trade for my 62 Pontiac 20 years ago from a guy named Bob. As car guy's we are we got to know each other after we did the car deal. One day Bob stopped by to tell me about his new project car he bought. After describing the car to me I told him it was my old 60 Bel Air. 10 years ago Bob passed away and I never heard of the car again. A few months ago while driving thru a neighborhood I saw the car sitting there on jack stands. I kept thinking about the car for the last few months and a couple day's ago while on Craigslist I saw the car posted for sale. I drove by yesterday taking my photo album with me. There was a lady there and I told her I use to own the car and last I knew was a guy named Bob had owned it. She said her dad was Bob and he willed the car to her son. I showed her the pictures of the car when I owned it. I ended up talking with her son on the phone last night and we struck a deal and I took the money over today. Today when I went to pay for it I took over before and after pictures of my 60 Merc I got from her dad so she could see how that car turned out. I'm excited to get the car back after all these years.

Attached Files:

Tn. Trash, Squablow and plumbid like this.
  2. nicks1950sled

nicks1950sled

Great Story! Good luck with your restoration :)

3. Squablow

Squablow

Very cool how that all worked out, was meant to be.

4. Phillips

Phillips
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great story, looking forward to updates, although I'm having a hard time dealing with the fact that 1989 was 26 years ago!

5. Good for you. I know how you feel when you get an old friend back that has been gone. You need to have a welcome home beer!

6. glad to see her back home where she belongs

7. I'm happy for you. I'd LOVE to find my old Pontiac and get it back. Last seen in 1972 at The Dalles, just 85 miles up the river from you. 57Ponchoonstreet.jpg

8. Thanks for sharing your story, cool!!

9. The car looks solid,congratulations. HRP

10. 55chrysler

55chrysler
    from kelso wa

There is a little bit of rust in the qtr panels. Shouldn't take more than a couple days to fix. The rust on the floors are just surface rust.

11. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Cool - right place at the right time

12. Bet it's a little odd, buying parts for a car that you used to own while it still had 'em!
    Glad you are reunited.
    Peaches and some dude made a song ...

13. Glad for ya!!

14. flux capacitor

flux capacitor

Right on ! Some things are meant to be. Flux

15. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Awesome story !!
    Glad for you....I bet you will hang onto it now :)

16. lewk

lewk
    from Mt

Cool!! Can you post some of the pics from your album last time you had it?

17. 55chrysler

55chrysler
    from kelso wa

Here it is back then. Sorry about the ink pen drawing my daughter did on the photo.

Attached Files:

56don, flux capacitor and chevy57dude like this.
  18. It looked really good back then. I am sure you can reproduce that. It just takes time and money.

19. That is so rad you got it back! Congratulations:cool: