Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hop Up #2

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ryan submitted a new blog post:

Hop Up #2

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. KCsledz

KCsledz

Bought mine from Marcy at the HAMB Drags. Fantastic pictures and articles. It is more like a coffee table book than a magazine. Definitely worth every penny.

3. Got mine a couple of weeks ago in a hermetically sealed envelope,well it was sealed! :D HRP

4. Mmmm spam. Hop Up 11/2 is another fine edition. Started reading it the other day, taking my time to do so.

5. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

HOP UP is evolving into a great read magazine for the masses, not just the 18 readers from the old days.
    The photography and the writing is excellent.
    Get it! and Read IT!

mctim64 likes this.
  6. I'd love to have them both, but with our dollar at about .70 and $26. US for shipping
    $76. cdn seems a little much.

7. b-bob

b-bob

First two have been excellent, I only hope they can keep up this pace. I didn't know they would be monthly when they started up again.

8. Speed~On

Speed~On

I picked up 11/2 from HAMBer Titus at Cheaterama a few weeks ago. I highly recommend Hop Up. I agree, the quality is such that it would be great for a coffee table book....not sure the wife agrees with that:p

Hoping to find Hop Up 11/1 at the Iron Invasion. Marcy??? Titus???

For those of you that haven't seen it, you'll be impressed.

9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I got the little one, and the two in the photo above in one of those hermetically sealed envelopes in the mail yesterday. I got the envelope open bare handed and started enjoying the books. I read a couple of articles including the one on the featured T. I'll probably subscribe at the end of the month at the flathead run.
    Flowmeister it's 620.5 Miles from Calgary to Monitor Wa where the East West Flathead run is at the end of the month. 78 bucks buys a lot of gas towards getting down there and they no doubt will have the magazines there
    Just sayin.

10. The Flathead run was my last hopeful deadline for getting my '33 going this summer, but i'm still a week away from firing it up., so no way I'll be going. I'd want to be a participant. I don't doubt the quality of the books, but when it all ads up, just a bit too much right now anyways.

11. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

Repost from another thread...
    I just finished viewing and completely reading issue number two. Absolutely amazing from front to back.
    First, at the risk of sounding like a smart ass greybeard, in my business I have had to read thousands of issues of car magazines and many thousands of feature stories over the past 40+ years. So, I say this as an "insider" of the car mag business - this re-born Hop Up is as fine an effort as I have ever had the pleasure to see. If automotive print is to survive, this is what it must be.

The first twin-feature of those two deuces shows sharp and truly interesting writing, and Tim Sutton's rich, subtle photography is in a class of its own. I'd like to have any of the shots on my living room wall. This skeptic will subscribe immediately, 'cause I've already got more reward than the subscription cost in the first two issues! Bravo to everyone involved.

daddy_o's_diner and CTaulbert like this.
  12. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'll guarantee one thing, these are not read once or twice in the can and throw them in the box magazines. Hell most guys wouldn't carry them to the can in the first place being afraid of them being damaged. They are keepers that you are going to sit and read an article or two at a time and then read them again along with studying every photo in the issue. The adds what there are are all in the back behind the features and they are art in themselves.

13. Roadsir

Roadsir

Hard to say what has not been said. I've been really impressed with both issues. The quality and material is great!

14. catdad49

catdad49

Ordered mine yesterday, can't wait! Always enjoyed my HOP UP, does that make me one of the "eighteen"?

15. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Great read - I highly recommend subscribing!

16. tallhtrddr

tallhtrddr

Ordered mine. Waiting impatiently.

17. Found a guy in town here that brings them in and sells them.
    Sometimes things do work out!

Malcolm likes this.
  18. "En Hop Up Veritas", HRP

19. Hey Kelly who is it? I might try and pick one up next time I am down there.

20. It's Peter at Tank Calgary, he brings in a lot of independant magazines.
    On IG as well @tankcalgary
    Looking forward to getting it!

21. Thanks I was wondering if it was him I saw his post on Instagram this morning about it.

22. Thanks for the post to remind me! just ordered.

23. I subscribed. Shit is beyond awesome!

24. Subscribed to HOP UP with issue #1 and received my copy of issue #2 about two weeks ago.
    Right to my door step all the way to New Zealand without a problem.
    Definitely worth it and what a great mag.

25. Marcy

Marcy

Glad people are digging it---thank you, your support keeps us motivated!
    We think issue 2 is better than number 1 and aim to make number 3 even better!
    The goal was definitely more of a collectible little book so I'm glad people get that.

Lot's of goodness yet to come!

Marcy

Deadbird and catdad49 like this.
  26. Deadbird

Deadbird

Geez Marcy, I'm pretty slow on the uptake. I bought Hop Up 1 & 2 right after Ryan posted this. Didn't realize you were involved in the production. I finally put two and two together after seeing you at the Iron Invasion. I know, I'm dumb. You did a fine job with the mag. I'll subscribe after my next payday.

Lee

27. Got both # 1 and #2 . I bought # 1 from Marcy at the Hill Climb and liked it so much I bought # 2 from her at the Greeserama show in KC....Great print with outstanding photos.