Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2015 MSRA super secret fun run / Brainerd MN

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chucky, Aug 11, 2015.

1. I can't decide if I'm going to this event. Ofcourse, weather is always a factor. Any HAMBer's out there that are going / have gone in the past?
    image.jpg

2. Cool looking sedan. HRP

plumbid likes this.
  3. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

I don't catch it every year, but I do go most. I won't make it this year as I plan to go to the Final Messaround instead the following weekend.

Here are a few cars from past years.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

plumbid likes this.
  4. I should be at the Messaround - too bad most of the traditional shows in Minnesota are ending.:(
    Billetproof, Krome and Kandy, and now the Messaround...........
    I'm also considering Mississippi Mayhem in Wisconsin. I went there in 2013.

OK - anybody else, or should I say.......anybody at all?:rolleyes:

5. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

I've been in the past but a few years ago I didn't go and missed this.:(

plumbid likes this.
  6. Maybe it's too "secret"......? Or..........? Oh dear lord! - say it isn't so!:eek:
    image.jpg

Speed Gems likes this.
  7. Calm down geezers, I'm just bumping my own thread! Geeeeeeezzzzz!:p

8. bobw

bobw

[​IMG]
    This is last year. Will be there in a couple weeks.

plumbid and Speed Gems like this.
  9. Cool - I'd love to see your 6 banger sing.

10. Dave1946

Dave1946

I go every year. It's the best deal going for MSRA members. I usually run my 55 Pontiac wagon but this year Bob W asked me drive his Crosly altered. Thanks Bob, I can't wait. And thanks to MSRA for having this event. It hasn't been mentioned but this event is for paid MSRA members only.

plumbid likes this.
  11. Dave1946

Dave1946

I go every year. This is the best deal going for paid MSRA members. As an added bonus Bob W asked me to drive his Crosly altered this year and I can't wait. Thanks Bob and thanks MSRA for having this event.

12. Now we're talking! Thanks for posting.

13. So the Messaround is ending? haven't been to that event in a couple of years..what happened?

14. I think they said after 10? years, they are just too busy with life. Or something like that.

15. Anybody else?

16. Final bump - I'm thinking Saturday only, if at all.

17. Southern cruisers car show in Farmington............or...........heading to Brainerd in the morning?

I'm the only one on this thread, so I'm just thinking out loud now.:p

18. We are going up to Brainerd in the morning

plumbid likes this.
  19. Hell of a car you've got there, very cool!!!

plumbid likes this.
  20. I've been going to Farmington for years, so this year I'm going to Brainerd, leaving around 6:00am. Just going for the day. I seen your "A" at the 50's and Des Moines, but we have never talked. What ever you decide it'll be a great day to be out in the hot rod. Bob

plumbid likes this.
  21. I drove up early Saturday morning. What a great event! I decided not to race because......I needed to drive back home and was nervous about breakage. I'm just happy my freshly assembled 'A' made the 300 mile journey. Both my car, and myself, need road miles before I go down the track. I'm already clearing the calender for next year's event.

The Slider broke it's own record for fastest flathead in the world, and I was standing 20 feet from it when it launched. Awesome machine!
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

22. bobw

bobw

[​IMG]
    a few more...

[​IMG][​IMG]

plumbid likes this.
  23. bobw

bobw

24. bobw

bobw

25. bobw

bobw

26. Dave1946

Dave1946

This is my favorite event of the year. My Son and I have been going every year. This year was made even more special thanks to BobW. He offered to let me drive his Crosley altered and it was absolutely a riot. We managed to lower the car's best ET from a 11.11 to a 10.62 @ 120.91 (Bob. I think it was just the fresh race gas and the extra ballast from my fat butt that did it). Bob also lowered his best times in his 6 cylinder Ford HAMB dragster. My Son, my buddy and I took a lot of pics. As soon as we get together and sort though them we'll post some.

plumbid likes this.
  27. millelacsrick

millelacsrick

IMG_4008.JPG IMG_3991.JPG IMG_4016.JPG IMG_4008.JPG IMG_4008.JPG IMG_3991.JPG IMG_4016.JPG This was a great event, weather was perfect and no major break downs on Saturday. Got to see the slider set a new record for the fastest flathead in the good old USA. Dave ran the Crosley like a expert. Bob W got to race against his other car, how many people can do that. Bob also had the best ET ever in his Silver Bullet. It's going to be a long year until next August for SS/FR. Hope the pictures print ok.

28. Dave1946

Dave1946

2015 SS/FR pics. Sorry it took so long to get these out.

Attached Files:

Chucky likes this.
  29. Chev 6 vs flat 8 was entertaining; but the coupe wasn't getting it together for the runs I watched.
    [​IMG]