Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Disc Brakes FOR THE 1960 OLDS REAR?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mad mikey, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Just wondering if anyone makes a kit to convert the 1960 olds rear to disc brakes. And provision for emergency brake? Yes? No? Any help, info, Thanks in advance guys.

2. chessterd5

chessterd5
    from u.s.a.

Hello mad mikey, I don't know? And I'm pretty sure you've already thought of this, but I think I would take some axle stud bolt pattern measurements & start looking at some full size or intermediate GM discs & calipers. I think you could probably fab up your own caliper mounts out of plate.

3. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal

I'd bet you're on your own.
    I used the Ford rear calipers with integral lever to move the pads with the cable emergency brake on one car and used also a Ford caliper with the seperate "drum" style emergency brake on another car.

I used Wilwood calipers for the front of one of my cars. Made my own brackets, not that tuff to do. A mig welder, a drill press and a belt sander...

Many ways to do the same thing (Ford, GM, ect.), all you need is the bracket to hold the caliper.

Mike

4. 40mel

40mel
    from SoCal

Fabcraft Metalworks has everything for 57-64 Olds-Pontiac rear end. Has disc brakes with or with out e brake. fabcraftmetalworks.com

5. Thanks 40mel I thought they might have something. Thanks all you guys for the replies. The HAMB allways comes up with something!