Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Three Mile

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ryan submitted a new blog post:

Three Mile

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Lazy A likes this.
  2. "Once you step into the water, pretty soon you're up to your neck"

Pretty cool...

3. Nothing in my area :( HRP

4. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

I thought being smack dab between Chicago and Milwaukee I might have a chance, but no luck here either.

5. St. Louis...wrong louis for me.

6. " You might notice... Nothing in TEXAS. What the hell Brian?... "

Yep. I thought all roads led to Texas too .... well, except for Alaska and Hawaii. Anyhoo' ...
    [​IMG]

7. Phillips

Phillips
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hope there's a showing in Milwaukee - the newly restored Avalon would be a perfect venue, and they happen to have a full bar...

luckythirteenagogo likes this.
  8. NoSurf

NoSurf

I hope he can add some more dates and locations!

9. Rand Man

Rand Man

Do you ever play your movies at drive-theaters? Might be a good idea. Tie it in with a rod run.

seatex and jakespeed63 like this.
  10. Just saw it here in Albuquerque last Fri.

11. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

AND..................

12. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Was here in Denver last weekend..... and like a dummy I missed it

13. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

There just happens to be a Drive In right down the street from me. They just closed down this year, so I'm sure it wouldn't be a big deal to fire it up again.

14. DDP

DDP

Saw it in Long Beach, AWESOME!!

15. Just found out about this a few minutes ago. And saw that I'm a week late to go see it in Denver.

16. Need to get it in Pueblo at the drive-in theater.

17. brady1929

brady1929

Yup up to your neck.

18. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Come to Michigan fellas! In fact, off-season when the you're up to your neck in snow! Seriously, it needs to come to the MOTOR STATE where most of the raw material used was born. Maybe I'm over-thinking again...:eek:

19. RICK R 44

RICK R 44

This movie will probably never make it to the Century theatre in Lindsay Ontario. Does anybody know if it will be available via internet or if it will be shown in Buffalo or Detroit(Autorama weekend would be great)? Lynda and I lived the experience in 2013. We met up with the Rolling Bones in Erie PA and continued on a trip of a lifetime to the Salt. Sounds like this movie would bring bring back a lot of fond memories.

20. What ever happened to Brian's movies being part of MotorNation.TV??

21. flamingokid

flamingokid

How about a showing at the LSRU?

22. Guess I should have added some detail, hahaha. The movie is basically about the Rolling Bones hot rod shop and their cross country road trip to Bonneville for Speedweek, I think it was 2013, but did not really pay enough attention. It shows them getting ready, finishing up some customer cars, a few road trip repairs and fixes, and then being at Bonneville. Once at Bonneville it transitions to the racing and specifically a couple RB supported race cars. The movie is more of a documentary style with interviews and some video of the cars driving, or at locations where they stopped. Overall it was good, I don't really go to many movies so am not much of a critic. I enjoyed watching and glad that I went.

As my wife said on the way out of the theater, "Guess that is as close to a Bonneville fix as we will get this year"

23. Blue Moon Garage

Blue Moon Garage

I was a little disappointed. It was a rehash of his "Road to Bonneville" DVD from a few years ago which I already have. I also find the music annoying, would prefer more narration and information.

24. engine138

engine138
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Commack NY

Not playing by me guess ill get on a plane

25. TigerFan

TigerFan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Athens, GA

I'm with HRP. We need a viewing in the southeast.

26. seatex

seatex

rolling boneszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.................zzzzzzzzzzzz I'll wait for it to be on Netflix. C'mon haters, here's your shot, kick my buttttttttttttttt

27. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

I just wanted to thank everyone who came out to the screenings. While I'd love to screen the movie in every city and every state. . . I do face a lot of hurdles when trying to get a theater to book a "car movie".

Most theaters don't see a "car movie" as being worth the time slot. Many of the theaters that have screened it are pleasantly surprised when the show sell out, or does well. . . which is why I can't stress this enough, if a "car movie" is playing in your area go support it. That is the only way theaters will have faith in booking another one in the future.

So, thanks to everyone that came out and to support the film. You attendance will help me to convince these theaters to screen my next film, and hopefully get some new theaters in other cities interested the next time around.

- P.S. If you don't like the music (both written and performed by a fellow hot rod builder) or don't like the topic. . . feel free to suggest other topics, submit your original music, etc. . . I'm always open to new ideas and feedback on how to make my next movie my best movie.

You have to remember, I need the full blessing and cooperation of the people / events being filmed. I have reached out people and places that simply were not interested in me making a film about them or their event. . . so while something may sound like a great idea, it's not always possible (for me anyway) to gain access.

- Brian

kidcampbell71 likes this.