Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage RWYB-Reynolds, GA Dec. 5, 2015

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirty old man, May 11, 2015.

1. Alright guys get them tranny :eek: probs sorted :eek:

[​IMG]

Days till go time

2. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

So Dave, Have I missed the t shirt purchase info or is that still in the works? I definitely want one so will order.

3. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

T shirt deal not even fully nailed down, LOL:) As I type this reply my son should be at a meeting which also includes the man I'm trying to get this year to handle T shirts.
    He is retired military, has a fully mobile T shirt printing setup in a trailer he pulls behind his motorhome. He has the capability to use a pic of your car or whatever else you want. These shirts can be in a multicolor of only base and 1, all the way to 4 or 5 colors.I should know morein a couple days see my post 233 for more info that was posted earlier.

4. I find the lack of trash talk in this thread rather disturbing...

Dog_Patch likes this.
  5. That's pretty neat Dave on the t-shirt guy, I have lots of questions. But maybe when you get a better idea to know if he is even interested we can go over the details. I am quite sure he will only have to pay the $10 entry fee just like for any swap meet spot or spectator. But only if he is set up where we pit and camp. Now if he is down by the tower, track or Mrs. Dorothy's new souvenir shack, then all bets are off ;) And a call to Mr. Ed would definitely be in order.

6. I do too brother, but I did try to stir the pot a few times to no avail. :rolleyes:

7. Carl5Coupe

Carl5Coupe
    from Buford Ga

Yep, he who steers the pot takes lane choice.

8. Up top for the morning crowd.
    DOM, sorry for the lack of attention on keeping this up toward the top of the list. I'll make sure an check in more often.
    Thrash on the truck should start this weekend to get the '58 there. Stay tuned.

GAOldsman likes this.
  9. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Yeah, seems like we all get lazy once in awhile about bumping this thread, and then we all come back in together.
    BGII is gonna be a bit quicker and more consistent this year, I hope. The transmission and shifter change alone oughta be worth at least a second, LOL:)
    Waiting on new rear extension hsg. so I can position Hurst shifter at correct location fore and aft, should arrive any day now, and I'm laying out screw holes in the new floor pan while I'm wating. Also have a Hurst Line Loc ready to install. Hope that makes it a little easier to get staged and then stay there and not roll back or fwd like I did last year.
    Still tying up loose ends on T shirt deal.

10. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Time marches on!!!!!!!!!

11. BAD A

BAD A

I guys miss me :):):):):D

12. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Hey Bad A, long time since we heard from you!! Status report???????

13. BAD A

BAD A

Well I am retired now. So I am on a fixed income. The wife changed jobs, because the plant closed. So our income has gone down about 50%. Which does not leave much, to play with, for the hot rod. I am getting around better, after the knee surgery & back injury. But it will never, be the same again. It's hard to kneel, bend, or squat down now. So I got me a roll around stool, for the garage. I got the truck back together. But it still needs tuning. I have had the tranny out, 8 times in the last 6 months. With 3 different converters & a complete rebuild. This will be the 3rd cam, in the same time frame. I hope the trans, converter, & cam combo, will work Ok after the tune , this time. The first couple of combs, slowed the truck down, by about 1/2 second. I am waiting on my tuner, to set me a date now. After that, it will be test time again. If this combo is off. I am finished. It will stay like it is. Fast or slow. I am tired of working on the truck. Plus like I said, the money situation, just will not allow me the luxury. To make any more changes now. Other than that, everything is OK.

14. BAD A

BAD A

Just got a call from the tuner. He is going to tune the truck Sunday...:):):):):)

15. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Bad A, ope this time things are the way you want them. My new rear extension hsg. arrived yesterday, so I can go to work on that and the line lock and I shoud be ready when they are done. Don't expect to be anywhere near as fast as that truck though >:)

16. BAD A

BAD A

Well we will see. But faster or slower. That's just the way, it is going to stay. If nothing breaks, during the tune & dyno session. The truck will stay the way it is. No more changes.

17. Glad your still able to fog up a mirror Bad A :) Guess I'm gonna have to come to Tennessee to see that truck run :confused: :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Days till go time ;)

18. BAD A

BAD A

Thanks. Glad I am foggy to. Who knows. If we watch our Ps & Qs. We might get to come down. Not sure yet. Will see how everything goes, between now & then. Lots of maybe's. We will see how the wife's new job goes. Plus hope nothing else goes wrong. That wrecks the budget. But I think. If we come, 1/8 miles is all I am going to run. Last time out with the truck, in the 1/4. It just felt unstable. It's getting old like me. How ever it may have been me, that was unstable, instead of the truck.:) But I feel more comfortable, in the 1/8. I don't run those high MPHs in the 1/8. Like you do in the 1/4.:D

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  19. captmullette

captmullette

bad A good to hear from you.....looks like life happened....grab it and growl

20. captmullette

captmullette

by the way.....if this friggin storm doesn't knock me out, I am headed to commerce to get jody to build my motor Wednesday.......

GAOldsman likes this.
  21. BAD A

BAD A

Get her built.... We are hoping. We get to come this year.

GAOldsman likes this.
  22. Bobby - we went to Commerce today to test a little and Jody was there tearing up the place :) He said you would be north bound.

23. captmullette

captmullette

cool......how'd she do ? its all I can do to stage my auto... I cant imagine launching that monster.....hope jody did well, he's up in the points and the ole hud is stroking....if I aint under water ill be headin north( matter of fact if I am under water ill head north, what the hell can I do)...hope to see yall soon

24. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Bobby, give me a call while you're up here, mzybe we can arrange to meet for a meal or just a cup of coffe when you start back home. I ain't but a few miles off 75.

25. captmullette

captmullette

will do dave......my new backup girl 11898716_10207526067494063_3150520685511023212_n.jpg

GAOldsman likes this.
  26. BAD A

BAD A

Truck is tuned. Now just need to get it to the track. And get it tested.

27. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Bug? What Bug? I was checking the camel's toe :)