Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration CARtoons Magazine Needs Hambers Help!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CARtoons Magazine, Aug 12, 2015.

1. CARtoons Magazine

CARtoons Magazine
    from Canada

Hope this is okay to post, but CARtoons Magazine is looking for the Hambers Support. While the very first Trial Issue is complete and ready to print, we are still working on investors for the start up costs. Or if we reach 1500 subscribitions before, then the magazine will be able to go straight to print. If you are interested in supporting the return of CARtoons Magazine and want to subscribe, please go to:

www.cartoonsmag.com

One year subscription gives you 6 regular issues with 64 pages of artwork and stories from over 50 top artists such as George Trosley, Ben Drag Daddy Mitchell, Nelson Dewey, Fred Boatman and many more. Each issue comes with a top quality iron-on that can be ironed on dark shirts such as Black T-Shirts. Also you will receive a 7th issue which will be a Special Full Color Edition that will be worth the whole subscription with itself. Plus all 7 issues will be seperately shipped to your door. Help spread the word that CARtoons is coming back and lets reach the subscription goal.
    Another way to support is to print off thos flyer and hand them out at your local car shows.

Thank you for the support and you will not be disappointed with the new CARtoons Magazine.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
  2. I have subscribed. Question: are you talking about issue #1 or the preview issue?

3. CARtoons Magazine

CARtoons Magazine
    from Canada

The subscription is for issue one and on while the trial issue is separate. Thanks for the support.

4. CARtoons Magazine

CARtoons Magazine
    from Canada

Here is a teaser of the index in the Trial Issue to give you an idea of what to expect.

Attached Files:

5. REBEL

REBEL

I did try but paypal kept turning me around. I have a account but it wanted me to start a knew account.
    Will try again in a few days.

6. CARtoons Magazine

CARtoons Magazine
    from Canada

Thanks for the support. Here are some titles that will be in the Trial Issue.

Attached Files:

7. CARtoons Magazine

CARtoons Magazine
    from Canada

Keep those subscriptions coming. Thanks for the support.

8. GTS225

GTS225

I sent an email asking if you would take a USPS money order, as I don't do PayPal, but never got a response.

Roger

9. since i REALLY enjoyed CarToons , Hot Rod Cartoons and Drag Cartoons as a kid in the 60's and i'm considering subscribing .

do you have a print only option? i don't get the same feeling with digital as do with paper in my hands

also, how close are you to the 1500 subscriptions ? to be honest with you , the talk of looking for investors and needing 1500 to get to print kinda of gives me an uneasy feeling...i learned that lesson from Jim Bede many years ago

anyway , i wish you much success

10. CARtoons Magazine

CARtoons Magazine
    from Canada

Sorry, so much going on, must of missed your email. If you look at the flyer shown at the top of this post, it has details to subscribe by mail. The website also takes credit cards. Thanks for the support.

11. CARtoons Magazine

CARtoons Magazine
    from Canada

The print subscription comes with a
    Free downloadable digital copy.
    My last resort is using my equity with my bank, but til then, I am working on investors and pushing subscriptions. This magazine will come back to print no matter what. Thanks for the support.

12. CARtoons Magazine

CARtoons Magazine
    from Canada

Here is the cover of the Trial Issue to help motivate everyone's decisions to subscribe. Thanks for the support.

Attached Files:

vintage56 likes this.
  13. CARtoons Magazine

CARtoons Magazine
    from Canada

Great News for Everyone!!!
    So as everyone knows, we had a goal of 1500 subscriptions to help fund the next step of printing the Trial Issue. Well as the subscriptions come in, I see many are wanting to see the Trial Issue in print before they commit. So because of this, I have pushed the Trial Issue to the next step to be printed. I will be doing a much lower quantity which of course will cost a lot more per unit leaving little if any profit margin, but I know once everyone gets their hands on this Trial Issue, they will be subscribing for sure. Everything is set and the Trial Issue will be mailed out mid September 100% guaranteed. Appreciate your support and patience. Trust me when I say, the wait will be more then Worth it.
    Now secondly, a few have had concerns about the cover price which was based on the high quality Iron-on insert that is at high costs per unit to create. So I am already in the process of creating a second edition of the Trial Issue that will have a poster insert instead of the iron-on. This will bring production costs down for a cheaper cover price. These two editions will be created yearly, so I will have two subscriptions of your choice. The Iron-on Edition Subscription at the price shown on the website, and a Poster Edition which will be a cheaper cover price and yearly subscription. This will help everyone wanting CARtoons that meets their budget. You asked and I answered. Expect the Poster Edition Trial Issue and Subscription available on the website in the next few days and will be printed the same time as the iron-on edition.
    Again, thank you 110% for your support, patience and understanding. Remember, this would not be happening without you (the Fans).
    Keep those subscriptions coming, share and spread the word.
    The CARtoons Team is very excited to see how much you will enjoy their stories and artwork.
    We are as excited as you to see this magazine in hand. Thank you.

14. CARtoons Magazine

CARtoons Magazine
    from Canada

15. Just ordered the trial issue.
    Thanks!

16. papadaddio

papadaddio
    from Minnesota

17. CARtoons Magazine

CARtoons Magazine
    from Canada

Poster Edition cover.

Attached Files:

18. exterminator

exterminator

If you did credit card-I would subscribe.

19. CARtoons Magazine

CARtoons Magazine
    from Canada

Credit card is set up on the site. Just the credit card payment goes into our Paypal account.

20. exterminator

exterminator

Just tried to order.Don't know if it went thru,kept asking for same credit card info three times, don't trust internet that much!I guess I am an old fart!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
  21. CARtoons Magazine

CARtoons Magazine
    from Canada

We took a look and nothing went through. Is there anyone in your house hold that can help you out?

22. I just did my part. :)

23. exterminator

exterminator

I will try again!I did it!(My wife did it).

CARtoons Magazine likes this.
  24. CARtoons Magazine

CARtoons Magazine
    from Canada

Future CARtoons Magazine tour bus.

Attached Files:

25. CARtoons Magazine

CARtoons Magazine
    from Canada

Quick Update:
    Great News!! Starting next week, the iron-on insert will start print. This means once the iron-on printing in complete, the magazine will then begin its printing process which is exciting because we are getting closer to print completion and then once complete, everyone who purchased the Trial Issue will be getting there copy in the mail. Will keep everyone updated. Til then, keep those Trial Issue purchases and subscriptions coming.
    If you wait for it to hit the news stands, you will be waiting til late October because of the distribution promoting process. So to get it way sooner, pre order now on our website.
    Thanks for the support.

dana barlow likes this.
  26. harley rider

harley rider

I'll take two. one to read and share one to keep. cant wait to see it.

27. Got the Trial Issue! Way Cool Man. I like where this is going and looking forward to the potential. Hopefully this will lampoon all things automotive (my automotive ADD/addiction spans anything internal combustion from Aircraft to Boats and anything automotive, from brass era, to traditional hot rods, to 4x4/off-road, through exotics, muscle cars, and on and on..., from the HAMB genre to the new "Stance" thing. If it burns fossil fuels, and makes noise and even manipulates magnetic fields I am cool with it. Looking forward to what is to come. Here is it rum and coke toast to your efforts as well as the contributors!

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015