Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Royboy Goes To The 2015 Poverty Flats Car Show & Pie Festival

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by travisfromkansas, Aug 20, 2015.

1. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

First of all, I'm sorry. I've been slacking on updating over here. So I'll spend the next few weeks posting my butt off to catch up.

[​IMG]

After the fun that was 800 miles, a shoot, a car show, and a wedding in 38 hours it was time to relax a bit. Thankfully I was attending a show 3 blocks from my home. My Uncle Poverty Flats’ Car Show and Pie Festival held here in Gypsum, KS was on the schedule for Sunday. Last year with 3 weeks notice we had 72 cars show up and he gave away 30+ pies as trophies. That’s right, pies as trophies. Boom. That happened.

I'll leave out the photos that don't have HAMB appropriate cars, you can see the full coverage here with all of the photos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Great friends from TX, OK, NE, MO, CO and of course KS filled our 1 paved street with cool cars and great stories. Before I knew it, it was time for the awards presentation. I tried to throw in some more people shots of this event, let me know if you like that or if you prefer just the car shots in the future.

Congrats Uncle Paul, you did a great job putting on a nice little show. I hope you have great success going forward!

[​IMG]
    EngineProX and YBlock292 BSing about how awesome they think I am... or something.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    That's it for part 1, more to come!

See you at a show,
    Royboy

Hdonlybob and Max Gearhead like this.
  2. cool stuff and pic's.....and your uncle is awesome.....thanks for posting...!

3. krusty40

krusty40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No trophy pics? Uncle Paul has not had enough influence on you...

vic

4. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Here we see Carl Green, who has since passed away. Thanks for gracing our small town Mr. Green, we all miss you. Next to him is Povertyflats himself and with the mic is our Mayor Bickel.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

That's about it for what's HAMB friendly. Great small town show!
    See you at a show,
    Royboy

36 ROKIT and Max Gearhead like this.

5. nice town and the cars are cool, no pie pics?

6. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Nope, I guess pies just aren't THAT interesting to me, before they are cut they all kind of look the same.

Dan Greenberg likes this.
  7. That's a neat deal,,,good folks havin' fun.

travisfromkansas likes this.
  8. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Awesome Venue, even better cars and people. Everyone having a great time. Just Love it. THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Larry

9. If this isn't the best "slice" of Americana, I don't know what is; a small
    car show in a small town in the mid-west - with pies for trophies!
    I doesn't get any better.
    Hats off to Paul for a novel idea, and to Travis for the pics, (which include
    the people pics too.)

10. Now I want to spend a day here shooting pictures and eating pie with these people... ;)

11. tinmann

tinmann

Good coverage of what looks like a great little sensible show. Do you have any more shots of that chopped green '40 coupe. It looks wicked.

12. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Now that looks like my kind of car show event. Thanks for sharing the photos.

13. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Great stuff Travis! I never even thought to post mine on the HAMB since there were a lot of non HAMB friendly cars in my images. I must say, it turned out to be a great photo opp, even though I mostly went for the fun of it.

14. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

Makes me wish we were back in the midwest where life is more fufilling and, speaking of pies, more tasty too! Thanks for posting, I enjoy Poverty Flats posts on FB, the only non-family friend I have there. Did they have dutch apple?

15. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

I've shot it lots of times over the years, when I get back to my computer I'll try to share a couple. Steve and Carol have had it since 1969 and it's got over 250,000 miles on THIS drivetrain. It gets around and now also has a home built teardrop trailer.

16. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

I don't remember what all they had but there were a bunch!

17. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

Travis, you know what a bunch of pies is called? Happiness!!! And I'm sure PovertyFlats would agree.

18. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

image.jpeg

This years flier, gonna be a crazy good time!

Hitchhiker likes this.