Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Midwest early Ford question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mustangmike6996, Nov 18, 2013.

1. mustangmike6996

mustangmike6996
    from the D

my 51 F1 is in need of front and rear fenders. since finding decent F1 parts for this year is so difficult, expensive or both im looking into fiberglass

sooo I will be looking at getting some fenders and want some opinions. I have heard that everyone loves Bebops for fiberglass reproduction fenders along with good customer service and quality of materials.

I have recently run across Midwest Early Ford reproduction parts and they seem to be a larger company with what seems to be decent products. Has anyone used any of their products? If so, what kind of quality were they and how do they compare to other brands?

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

3. I just ordered some floor pans today from them. They seemed to know the parts they were selling when i talked to them on the phone. I'll know more when i get my parts. they have good feedback on the auction site

4. I have been in the Okc facility and found they're parts to be about the same as LMC and D. Carpenter parts. Back then they were called Vintage Ford. I have not used parts from them as LMC is closer to me.

5. mustangmike6996

mustangmike6996
    from the D

Cool. Let us know. I'm weighing out Midwest or Bebops.

6. acme30

acme30
    from Australia

Hi

I purchased a set of 1932 steel front fenders, plus a set of steel 34 pickup running boards and a set of steel front and rear fenders for a 34 coupe - very happy with all of them.

They need a little tweeking to fit 100% but all in all good product for the price in my book.

Wouldn't hesitate to but from them again

Cheers

7. ChefMike

ChefMike

I have bought stuff from Midwest in the past and been happy with the product . I hate when you call and you get someone that has no clue these folks are knowledgeable and have even pointed me to other places to find parts

8. Just a thought but the fenders Midwest sells may be made by BeBops. I would ask them. Depending on where you are ( the D) ??, shipping could also be a determining factor on something that large.

9. I got my order from Midwest yesterday and everything looks very good. Set of Bradley front floor pans, Tool tray and quarter patch panels for my 40 ford coupe. Nice and easy transaction.
    George

10. 55delray

55delray
    from Florida

I bought running boards from them off of Ebay and they offered a considerable discount over the catalogue price. They arrived and fit perfectly. Highly recommend them. If you need more than one thing they will combine shipping to lower your overall price.

11. I am a little curious as to where D is also. F1 parts are not hard to find as a rule.

12. 31Apickup

31Apickup

The D usually stands for Detroit!

13. trailerpark

trailerpark

We have been happy with everything we purchased from MidWest. My father bought some of their fenders for his 51 and they seem to be good quality but they aren't installed yet. They will deliver to the shows they are attending and save you the shipping cost.

14. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

That's a pile of F1 stuff, Benno! Just 25 miles from me...

I did luck out, awhile back. Bill's Auto Wreckers in Merced (6 miles away, was known as "Granny's", or "Tuffy's"...nicknames for Bill's widow, who ran it with an iron fist.
    I took my cool 15 year old daughter, Amy, with me. Granny was 'charmed', took Amy on a tour, sat in the office with her, and told her stories...(!) Tough old bird.
    Granny was tired, left the yard with her son in law, who said the days of the yard were numbered...It was destined to be a holding yard, no more parts for sale...
    I had made some trade deals with him, (2 BMWs, a 320 and a 528) so I had 'carte blanche' of what was left...there were some trucks, (3 F1s, some F100s, and some Fridges) '63 Gaxaxies, lots of MoPars. I said I'd be back.

A friend had given me a clean '52 F1, no engine/trans, no bed, no rear fenders. It was black, real solid.
    I hooked up my tow bar, pulled it home behind my black primered '55 F100...got a few offers from passing 'motorists'...Lots of thumbs up.

Went to Granny's, talked a little, said I'd remove what I needed...the kid with the torch truck would cut anything out I needed, so I 'went to town'.
    I grabbed a '50 bed, rear fenders, doors, front clip, running boards, center cross member, 2 F1 front axles with brakes, some springs, and three 9" rear ends (complete, 60" wide '60-'64 F100s)
    These are no rust nice parts...lots of old paint kept them nice.
    Got some stainless trim for my Galaxie fastback, too...and a grille and gas tank.
    A week later, they were closed.
    Thanks to the Parts gods, I got everything I needed for my F1.

Had to tell the story, it's SO unusual to find so much in one place any more.
    Always wanted an F1, but never came across anything affordable, or without terminal rust.

15. F1 parts are easy to find here in the mid west. Until recently they were the *red headed step child of the ford truck line. You still se 'em sitting out in fields and behind barns if you are willing to go look.

What is difficult and one I have been after for a while is jail bar pickups. I had one about lined up when I traded for my model A.

*yea I know not PC but I am red headed and have been a step child. I have earned the right to say it.