Register now to get rid of these ads!

American Rebel Manufacturing - US Mfg Halibrand Sprint Wheel

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Roadsir, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Roadsir

Roadsir

Came across this on EBAY and it was news to me. Anybody know the history on American Rebel Manufacturing and there wheel offering?

Has anyone on here bought there wheels? How are they?

http://www.americanrebelmfg.com/wheels/

Thanks!

2. RainierHooker

RainierHooker
    from Tacoma, WA

Don't know anything about them, but they look promising, especially their 'Indy Mag'. I wonder if you can get 'em in 6-lug, I've all but given up on getting real 6-lug Ansens for my truck...

Posted using my Lil' Orphan Annie Secret Society Decoder Pin

3. Leviman

Leviman

A pin drive 'salt flat' would be killer!

4. bobby_Socks

bobby_Socks
    from ǑǃƕǑ

I bought a pair of their 15x6 for the front really nice wheels great customer service even offered to take them back if I did not like them only ask that I pay shipping. I would like to see them offer the 15x6 with a little more back spacing or as an option.

here is a pair for sale
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=830974

5. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

I've talked to the owner a few times at the LARS and he's been saying for some time that the web site was coming, but that ad on ebay shows more than their web site does. maybe it's been updated since I last looked. he's had some really great looking wheels at the show, but I could never get info on them, cost, sizes,styles that are coming. they're made in the US though.

6. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

i'll put up some pictures to look at, maybe he'll give me a job.

Attached Files:

7. brandon

brandon

everybody is missing the boat on the 16x10's....they all seem to look like a billet specialties ....if the wheel company is listening, do a 16x10 big window speedway style wheel. big oval windows :eek:

Kan Kustom likes this.
  8. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

TEAM III (ET WHEELS) Has a big window (halibrand style) 16x10

9. brandon

brandon

not the same....used a set on a customers morris minor and just doesn't have the same look as a old halibrand big window...:eek:

Kan Kustom likes this.
  10. Their 16x10 is up on the site - looks bang on for a Big Window or Sprint.

Steve

11. Roadsir

Roadsir

I got a nice quick response today, stating there history, a strong position on being one of two US manufacturers remaining that do low pressure casting for the aftermarket wheel industry, and that they manufacture and private label wheels for other reputable wheel and hot rod companies.

I received pricing on 15X4.5's($290) and 16X10's ($415). The 10's have 4.25 back spacing (I was hoping more like 3.75)

Cool to have a few other choice on wheels...!

1927graham likes this.
  12. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

I would like it if they made just a correct looking 60's five spoke. et's new all cast one's are close, but I can't get excited about them. the bevel or off-set point is always wrong no matter who makes it's never wide enough. 15x8 and 15x10. that's it. please don't bother with all the wacky 17's,18's 20's sizes ether. here are some pictures of some five spokes that to me, have the look.

Attached Files:

13. basicbob

basicbob

Hi, I will bring some of the American Rebal wheels to the ST Paul Roadster swap Sunday.

4.5"
    6"
    8"
    10"
    FORD 4 1/2" bolt Pattern wheels Polished. No shipping charge

Chevy 4 3/4" bolt Pattern wheels Polished. No shipping charge

Bob 417-861-7988

14. Tim Irwin

Tim Irwin

I bought a set of the Sprints. 15"x4.5" and 15"x 12" they're awesome! great service too.

15. Not sure how we got to 5 spokes but ...
    Pic of a pic.
    HRD best of the 60s page 31 from 1962 winternationals show.
    Lowest most right is 16x10 hopefully you can make it out

Attached Files:

16. AHotRod

AHotRod

Are there distributors for these wheels?

I've looked over the website, and they need to add a lot of specific information, like available back spacing options and pricing.

Anyone know who they make wheels for?

17. try basicbob just a couple posts back. I bought mine from him and he set it all up for me and a great guy at that

18. James6speed

James6speed

I just ordered a set of these in F.Hawk cast finish style 15x8 and 15x10 special offset so Juan had to re-weld the backs. Should have them in a week or so. Anyone else order up any F.Hawk's? I'd like to see them.

19. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

Here's mine...made real nice, if you can live with the modern twist of the lug nuts
    , were a great deal for American made as well.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

20. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

21. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

He sent me a sample of the slat flat wheel, quality was excellent. I also have pin drive indy style wheels manufactured by him for So-Cal on my roadster. 16X5s and 16X6s. Second set of these I've had and they are very high quality.

22. James6speed likes this.
  23. James6speed

James6speed

Thanks! I'll be sure to add pics of it to the thread.

24. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

well, also no one wants to do them with sixties backspacing. Frankly, I don't think theres much demand for a real sixties five spoke. Just look at all the guys taking vintage 15x6 and 15x7 wheels and getting them narrowed. Most guys don't really want the real deal sixties look.

bowie likes this.
  25. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

16x10.jpg hal_2030_A.jpg 047_std_std.jpg
    I have been trying to get the same thing across to Team III or anyone else that makes wheels. The Speedways with the raised rib all the way around the oval, not as squared window. I have a pair of 16x 11`s but would love to get them in aluminum instead of constantly polishing the magnesium. This style is the best looking Halibrand made and are the ones most often seen on the sixties dragsters. 047_std_std.jpg

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
    caseyajones and kiwijeff like this.
  26. rooman

rooman

I know that go-twitchy's post was from almost two years ago but if you are looking for a wide 60's style five spoke rear wheel what is wrong with the American Torque Thrust-comes in 15 x 8.5 and 15 x 10 and has 3.75" back space--reasonably priced too.

Roo

27. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

well, uh, where shall we start...The oversize center cap? No lip on the inner rim step rim? how about conical instead of shank style lug nuts?? No 15x6 which is the size I am looking for? is that enough? At least the ET vintage V's are close...

28. tom feland

tom feland
    from Norman, OK

American Rebel shows on their website a "Champ" wheel in a 16 X 11" or a 16 x 13" that looks exactly like the big window Halibrands shown here. I think Halibrandsteve mentions
    This also. I second the vote that these are best looking Halibrands ever made.

Kan Kustom likes this.
  29. rooman

rooman

As the Rolling Stones sing, "You can't always get what you want". :) So I guess that you need to hit the swap meets. That is where all of my original style 200S wheels came from. I figure that the big cap is so that they will fit later model vehicles with large front hubs--can't blame a company for trying to cover as much of the market as possible when guys like us with totally traditional tastes are in the minority. I have a pair of brand new polished 15 x 8.5's that came drilled for shank type lugs but my cast spoke ones are set for conical lugs so I don't know what the deal is there. And if you do want shank type lug nuts that is a pretty easy modification.

Roo