Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods TRJ 67 out...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wex65, Aug 16, 2015.

1. wex65

wex65
    from WV

On news stands now...

2. I always wonder why the newsstands get magazines before the subscribers. HRP

3. HD Driver

HD Driver

Good question! Considering we pay in advance for a year. Or more.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. Or LIFETIME subscribers! HRP

Last edited: Aug 16, 2015

5. ...........................Yeah Really! I'm sure it's the Postal Service.:rolleyes::D

6. KFC

KFC
    from UK

I haven't had anything yet from my lifetime subscription , I'd hoped to have something by now.

7. ...........................I did get an e-mail from them about 3 weeks ago indicating that the package of goodies would be shipping soon.

8. Same here Don. HRP

9. Got mine over a week ago;)

10. ..........................The magazine or the goody merchandise?

11. The mag. It's an ad for the sale of the 'TRJ" roadster (and another Brizio build). On the cover, full feature and full page ad. I guess that's what you can do when you own the magazine.:rolleyes: Cynical me:rolleyes:

The Grasshopper looks good, as does Geoff Whiteley's custom.

12. So the newsstands here in the States & you guys in the land of the big hopping marsupials already have the newest issue?

It's gotta be the USPS. HRP

13. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

We always see it before you do in the the States. Often well before it has landed in the States.

14. We get it first because we're closer to where it is printed. The supplier here gets a direct shipment.

15. ..........................I have heard that was the case.

16. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

I always figured it was for impatient guys who couldn't resist buying it off the newstand despite having a subscription. That way the publisher sells more issues.

17. A Boner

A Boner

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  18. I think it has a lot to do with how distribution is handled. From how I understand it most magazine racks, even at book stores, are stocked by magazine distributors. So shipments can get sent straight from the printers to the distributors. The distributors don't want to store the magazines, so they get them on the shelves as quickly as possible.
    Where as subscribers have to wait for the a single magazine (not a flat) to leave the printers, get packaged, delivered to the post office ship point, go through the mail, and then get delivered to the mailbox.

Think of it in terms of a line at the grocery store. If there are 5 people in one line with 5 items each, that line often moves slower than the line with 1 person who has 40 items. Just a matter of how many 'steps' are involved in the process.

19. ....................It doesn't matter which line I get into, it's always the slowest!:D:rolleyes:

tb33anda3rd and Speedy Canuck like this.
  20. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

I called TRJ to check on my Lifetime Subscription once I received the notice that a UPS package was on the way after two weeks of not seeing anything. In actuality nothing has been sent out they were in the process of putting the packages together.

21. HD Driver

HD Driver

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I'm sure TRJ had 67 for sale at the Nats? I'm sure Hop Up had there's on sale at the coming out party? I , as a subscriber , have none!

22. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

The printer I believe is located in Singapore or Hong Kong (I'll have to check that) so we are closer.
    The local distributor in Australia is minutes away from me. I can possibly some times have my issue well before I see it on the newsstands here.

23. Simon, it is printed in Hong Kong. Funny thing when I see TRJ on the self at the Newsagent it is usually 6-8 weeks after it first becomes available.

24. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

I'm just glad when it shows up!
    Our mail carrier usually brings it to the door, an added bonus as the mail box is 160 feet down the driveway.
    TRJ is not a major publisher, kind of a small operation that produces a first class Periodical, along with a few specialized items.
    As far as I'm concerned when I get my lifetime subscriber "goodies" is when they show up.
    KK

25. I don't usually read them until the winter anyways so when they get here really doesn't matter to me summer is for cruising Jim

26. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good point, but for me the closest newsstand that carries TRJ is over 60 miles away. Best we get here is the National Intruder or whatever the hell that is with the Elvis stories next to the grocery checkout counter....
    I sprung for the HAMB Alliance/TRJ combo package. Totally worth it even if I have to wait a few to get my magazine. That, and I'll have plenty of reading time once it gets here.

27. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Correct. I had to check again.

28. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

We often get to see both cover versions as well.

29. skirtless33

skirtless33

I got my package from UPS today,T-shirt an everything for life member.