Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Contact info on for Mfg, of Thickstun valve cover for 235?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cosmic12, Jan 22, 2015.

1. cosmic12

cosmic12

Anyone know if they are still being made. Have something about Baron Racing being the people that built them. Really need some contact info. Any help would be great.

2. cosmic12

cosmic12

Nobody?... well lets try this. I have a Thickstun intake and want the matching valve cover for the 235 and haven't found one but really want one. Anybody know where one might be?

3. Hellfish

Hellfish

To the best of my knowledge the only 235/216/261 valve covers still being made are the Offy and Wayne. Your best bet is to keep an eye on ebay and swap meets if you want that rare valve cover. Also get to know the people at ChevyTalk and Inliners.org

4. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

pm the 235kid, he has a vast knowledge of these ol stovebolts.

5. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  6. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Oooops

Sorted

7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I found the blog of the guy who most likely bought the one off Ebay that Stovebolt mentioned and it is on a 216. Good looking valve cover, I can see why you want one.

More searching Google for Thickstun rocker cover and New Thickstun rocker cover brings up photos but no definitive link to any.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  8. Cosmo49

Cosmo49

Count me interested too. I thought for sure that cover was being reproduced and reproduced WELL.
    Didn't save a link when I did see it. There's a thread here of a guy on the 216 Chevy club here that painted his grey, leaving or polishing the fins, looks very nice.

9. cosmic12

cosmic12

Thanks guys, Ya have done and exhausted all the searches. Somewhere there was mention about Baron repoping them. I don't remember where but I am getting old....... Just would be cool to have one to match the intake.

10. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi. Patricks owns the rights to the Waynes. I have been on their list for a valve cover & side cover for my 235 from them for a year now. Not sure when it will actually come to be but eventually I guess they will get Roundtuit & have some cast.
    I really wanted a set of the old Cliffords with the 6=8 logo to match my intake but they sold the rights to someone that seems to have really downgraded the quality of these. Not sure if they are even being made anymore & the last ad I saw on them they had removed the Clifford logo & they just had Chevrolet on them. That sucked.
    Jimmie

11. cosmic12

cosmic12

Finally got to talk to Baron and they have them coming in any day now or by the end of the week. He said he had a list of people waiting for them but has a few extras. We have one coming is all I know. Thanks for the help the phone # was key.

12. 100fires

100fires

What is the cost for the valve cover? I saw the intake on the website (sereneone) looks good, more expensive than the Fenton but I like the look better how does the intake perform?

13. cosmic12

cosmic12

Haven't got it yet.................waiting...........waiting

14. cosmic12

cosmic12

latest 010.jpg latest 009.jpg We got it. Very nice, haven't put it on a motor yet because it is a part for a planned 54 custom we will bw building this winter.

Stovebolt likes this.
  15. Kinky6

Kinky6

That is one nice looking hunk of hardware right there! K6