Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods My positive experience with Leadmine Products

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by edwardlloyd, Oct 18, 2012.

1. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

Folks are quick enough to knock companies when they get bad service. Well today I'm going to tell about a good experience I had with Leadmine Products.

I ordered a pair of dropped Superbell steering arms for my '30 Roadster project. (See: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=714422) from Jeff at Leadmine Products. Many will already know Jeff because he's he's been in the business for a long time from what I hear.

Well when the arrived one had the tie rod hole taper going down and the other going up! Mistake in manufacture. Jeff immediately sent out a replacement but it was the same. The incorrectly made type was actually what I wanted. I wanted the tierod to sit on top of the arms up above the wishbones. So Jeff arranged with Superbell to get another one made up with the tapered hole unning the other way and had it flown out to my customer in Austria at no extra cost.

I will be buying from Jeff again and can recommend him whole heartedly. This also illustrates the importance of local manufacture, because he could get one drilled out the other way and have it chromed all in a week.

Ed

Stogy and lothiandon1940 like this.
  2. 53 COE

53 COE
    from PNW

And no folks cared to comment either - go figure. They also have the best price on TANKS gas tanks I have seen.

Jeff bent over backwards for me too. I emailed him asking several questions to find the perfect tank to get the tank out of the cab in a truck. He took the time to call me and answer everything. He made a substitution of the straight rubber filler neck for an angled one at no charge.

Ordered up this 17 gallon tank yesterday to go out back between the bed rails of my COE redux. Already received the shipped notice today.

http://www.leadmineproducts.co...-dsh--1949-to/Detail

:cool:

Stogy likes this.
  3. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

Yes I agree. Post something about a bad experience and the thread will run to pages. Post something useful about a great experience with a company and no one cares. That's pretty sad I think.
    Ed

4. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I guess I missed this the first time round' but I'm shamed enough now to post an answer.
    It is great to hear people still out there that still realise that the way you treat your customers is going to dictate return and word of mouth customers and ultimately if you stay in business or not. Sounds like Jeff truly gets it, kudos!!

Doc.

Stogy likes this.

5. DFWSteveFoster

DFWSteveFoster
    from DFW, Texas

I recently made a purchase from Jeff at Lead Mine Products. (rear end stuff) and I received exactly what was described. Good communication and overall a great experience. I was looking for something else later but couldn’t find the web site. I messaged Jeff and he replied:

“The LeadMineProducts web site got hacked, so I just use E-ay now and I answer all tech questions via phone or E-ay message. My phone number is 417-733-1012 and I answer 9 to 5 CST Monday through Friday. (I am a One-Man-Band so you only deal with me one-on-one.) Jeff Calkins”

Stogy likes this.
  6. malcolm1943

malcolm1943

Being a one man operation he is going way beyond the norm to satisfy customers. Way to go Jeff, you will do well with your business, and it should grow rather quickly with this kind of customer service!

Stogy likes this.
  7. I'll be needing a universal Tanks tank soon, appreciate the heads up on a good supplier.

Stogy likes this.
  8. Ditto, great place to deal with.

9. Very satisfied with my purchases from them.

10. Always good to hear reports about great service.

Stogy likes this.
  11. Yeah, I'm a little late to the party........nothing new here.:(

Stogy likes this.
  12. cgawelko

cgawelko

bump for Lead Mine bein awesome

Calkins likes this.