Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help Save the Bonneville Salt Flats

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SammyD, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Budget36

Budget36

I never got anything in my email?

Anyone else?

Edit:

Tried it again and got a verification email.

2. seatex

seatex

Done, they need 99,000+signatures by September 10th, if everyone on this sight sign's up, we can do it! and I say that with the utmost optimism!

3. 35desoto

35desoto

Well I've signed it so thats one less to get to the total

4. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

DONE and I, too, hope it helps.

5. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

6. Done...
    Always wanted to go....

7. krusty40

krusty40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bump again. Saddened that this has fallen this far overnight. C'mon, traditional rodders and Bonneville enthusiasts, sign the petition, please.

vic

8. Done. We have a long way to go HAMBer's! Go read target550.com for inspiration.
    STICKY!
    BUMP!

9. Bulletnose26

Bulletnose26

Done.... don't forget to verify your signature via email!

Speed Gems likes this.
  10. brady1929

brady1929

11. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

12. We harvest sea salt, salt from the flats (which is actually not mined in the traditional sense it is evaporated just like sea salt) and rock salt from salt mines. We actually harvest more salt than we need but it is one of our national products and is shipped all over the world.

There needs to be a balance, the reason that most of these steps that we want to take to end the salt harvest don't succeed is that they don't maintain a balance. People need to make a living and salt harvest is a very big and viable industry. Preservation can be achieved but it will never happen unless both sides can find common ground. There is enough salt for everyone.

Now everyone thinks that I am on the privateers side. Good for you, if you want to save the salt get off your butts and come up with a solution not just a petition. ;)

Its not instant.
    someone said that they were not tech savvy enough to share it on facebook. There is a little button near the bottom of the petition that says share on facebook. Click it sign in and then hit share when your facebook page pops up.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
  13. flatford39

flatford39

Hey guys,

If you haven't received the email verification go back and do it again. I signed this earlier in the week and never got the email verification. If you haven't verified your email address you haven't signed it.

We need a 100K in sigs and we are woefully behind right now.

14. FLAT6

FLAT6

Signed - up to the top, need to keep this visible

15. Or 100 people with at least 20 prepared to stand up to the microphone at a legislative session.

Burning and looting seems to work well for some special interest groups. :eek:

I'll sign a petition if it is something that I believe in and not something that I think will land me on a watch list. That said action works way better then petitions, they can file a petition in the round file without ever looking at it but if you are standing in front of them they cannot unhear you.

16. dudley32

dudley32

17. mike bowling

mike bowling

18. I dood it! Thanks and a bump...

19. Rand Man

Rand Man

I thought they had stopped taking salt from the flats years ago. With sea-salt harvest, new salt comes in at every high tide. I'm pretty sure that no new salt has been laid down at Bonneville for a long, long time.

20. Rckt98

Rckt98

Just signed it. I was there in 2008 for the Kiwi Invasion that year. Probably a once in a lifetime visit.

21. Done. To be honest though, this needs to be posted elsewhere because 100k people do not peruse the hamb, and you need that much supposedly.

22. salf100

salf100

Signed!! Still need a lot more signatures though. Also posted on my Face Book page. Everyone should do the same. Just my 2 cents.

23. Bulletnose26

Bulletnose26

BTT....to better understand, open and read the supporting documents. This agreement allows for the review of government land contracts.
    I have never been there, but like some, I would like to see at least one speed trial, in my life.

24. snowman

snowman

Just visited this amazing place yesterday and it needs to be properly protected. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1439735289.196061.jpg

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  25. Caprice89

Caprice89

26. mammyjammer

mammyjammer
    from Area 51

The destruction of the racing surface is a by product of a potash mining operation, not salt mining.

27. Crumley

Crumley

Not trying to be a turd in the soup bowl, think before signing any petition to ban anything.....here's something to ponder: What is being petitioned to ban? Is it the salt mining companies or pot ash mining company or both? They are both engaging in a legal business practice. These companies employ people from the local area.
    The BLM is currently stating that the salt flats aren't shrinking due to mining, but due to excessive rain?

What if the Sierra Club did a study and found that the land speed time trials is causing problems to the salt flats? This is the next step in banning things....

All I am saying is be careful with petitions trying to ban something....one day a petition will be brought about to ban something you enjoy doing.

typo41 and lurker mick like this.