Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hi, 55 Pontiac Star Chief TX/CA

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by dimitri89, Jun 8, 2015.

1. dimitri89

dimitri89

Hi, I have been on here for a little bit now but I have just been reading peoples posts mostly. Im active duty military so I barely ever get time to work on my car. Getting back from another deployment soon and looking to do an engine swap and spruce thing up on my 55 star chief.

In west Tx right now, ill be back in California in about a year.
    Im in my late 20s but an old soul and very much old school. I mostly work with bikes and this is my first car restoration/project. Hoping to get the most out of it.

Already chat with a few guys on here with similar ponchos, and everyone is very helpful

thanks and take care

2. Welcome! Good to have you here.

3. DaxxRuckus

DaxxRuckus

Welcome! I've been working on my '56 Chief for almost 8 years now, so feel free to hit me up with any questions. People on here have been invaluable during my restoration!

4. dimitri89

dimitri89

Thanks, I appreciate it. Well she wasn't leaking, but now she seems to be leaking from the top and seems like it may be a head gasket but I can't tell for sure

5. Welcome from Kansas City. You may hear this a lot but be assured we mean it, thank you for your service and sacrifices you've made keeping us safe!

6. dimitri89

dimitri89

Well..just got the call from the machine shop... engine is perfect, aside from a huge crack in one of the heads.

Does anyone know where I can get a head that will bolt to my 55 v8 pontiac 287?

Thanks guys