Register now to get rid of these ads!

Brought my Vicky home today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kaucher, Feb 13, 2006.

1. Kaucher

Kaucher

Well I just got back from show at Sacramento. I recieved a cool plaque.

The competion was incredible. They had some unbelievablely bitch'n cars there. The people there were really friendly.

The big news is that the car was invited to go the Fresno Autorama by Blackie himself on Thursday's move-in, so my weekend was made whether I won anything or not.

I just shot these pics today when I got home. KK

Attached Files:

2. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Awesome car man I will be there thursday also helping set up Rick Flake's new creation "The Night Crawler" you will love it.

3. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

freakin' cool man, I dig your ride.

4. CharlieLed

CharlieLed

Congrats on the award, looks to be well-deserved! I like the car and the color, is that a Riviera roof on her?

5. Kaucher

Kaucher

The roofs off a '65 Wildcat. KK

6. Schaweeeet!!!

7. Amazing lines on that car! Glad to hear they're recognizing quality at the Autorama.
    It's also been nice to see they're finally allowing suedes and "unfinished" cars out there too.
    Bryan

8. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

Congratulations! You can be proud of that car. And thanks for posting those project photos every now and then, I have really enjoyed to see them. It must be rewarding now?!

9. Nice car. I usually don't like newer roofs on older cars but your's works. Thanks for the pictures.

10. old kid

old kid
    Member Emeritus
    from middle ga

kaucher,
    you really should'nt change things on a car just to change things. you should only change things if you can make them better. i say you made things better on all counts. everything works! great car!
    dan

11. Lee Croden

Lee Croden
    from England

That is VERY Kool. I am looking for ideas to build a model Vicky.
    Any details on it i.e what top is that???????:confused:

Cheers

Lee

12. sick Ride....im Diggin It.

13. The good looks of your car could just get me interested in customs :cool: .

14. wlspdshop

wlspdshop
    from Missouri

very very nice ride:eek: :eek: :eek:

15. Kaucher

Kaucher

Hey Dan,

Very appreciated compliment. I firmly believe in that. When I start to pen a restyle, I'm thinking factory concept, trying to work as much with the stock lines.

Thanks again. KK

16. Kaucher

Kaucher

That's a '65 '66 GM full size roof. Mine is specifically a '65 Wildcat. KK

17. sgtmcd42

sgtmcd42

very nice! I love the color

18. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

That is one well thought out ride. In my opinion, i think the biggest honor is the invite from Blackie. wow. keep up the good work. :cool:

19. Squablow

Squablow

I've been waiting for updated pics of this car for a while. It really does look like the concept drawing. And the roof swap is one of the best executed I've seen. Very nice.

20. 286merc

286merc
    from Pelham, NH

Any chance of a tech on the roof swap? That is friggin awesome and makes me want to redo my 53 Vicky again

21. I have NEVER seen such a beautiful 54 Ford in my life!:eek:

To take a ugly duckling and turn it into the head turner is amazing,,,I should know I've owned a couple of 54's and they are not what comes to mind when building a HOT ROD or CUSTOM,,,,,,,HRP

22. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

That is one beautiful car man!!!! i was following the build on here and i am blown away by this car!

23. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

all i can say is WOW GREAT JOB!!!!

24. Kaucher

Kaucher

Actually Jim A shot pics of the whole change that will be in R&C as a tech feature this coming year I think. KK

25. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Something will happen, but I actually came in late and the early stage pictures just weren't what we needed for magazine print. I have enough in raw metal that it can show the great work that was done, just not a full "how-to".

26. slim53

slim53

What an amazing car. Gets me even more eager to finish my 53. The roof swap is great. I would love to see some pics of it in progress...

27. 286merc

286merc
    from Pelham, NH

Well, as we all know magazine articles sort of skimp on details as well as decent size photos. Any chance of a sneak preview with some good quality pix?

Ive a T1-Plus line here so can very quickly download any size file via email and can redistribute to others who are interested. HAMB files are too small for quality blow-ups.

I told myself it was from a 65 Chevy at first glance and Ive always loved those GM years roof lines.

28. Wowcars

Wowcars

DAMN I love that car. Seems like only last week we saw the renderings of it.

29. Kaucher

Kaucher

I only have a few pics myself. But Starlite has alot of pics taken while they were doing the work. I'll downsize them and post what I have. Kaucher

30. Hip

Hip

What a beautifully done car!!! Cudo's!