Register now to get rid of these ads!

Where to go in Orange County CA for Exhaust work?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by markanthony, Apr 18, 2005.

1. markanthony

markanthony

I ran through the HAMB O DEX and didn't see anything... is there anyone here that owns/works at/ can refer me to a muffler shop in Orange County CA?

I need to redo the exhuast on my split- 6 cylinder Chevy...

Mark-Anthony

2. RF

RF

3. markanthony

markanthony

4. Danny Cannon on La Habra Blvd in La Habra, I think his shop is called Cannon Muffler, there's also Magic Muffler in Buena Park

5. BigDogSS

BigDogSS
    from SoCal

Hi All,
    I know this is an 8 year thread, but any new developments or recommendations on an exhaust shop in Orange County, CA? Are the above recommendations still valid?
    Thank you.

6. 53HardDrop

53HardDrop

If you're looking for the same type of split manifold exhaust work I had my 53 done a few years ago by West Coast Muffler in Garden Grove and I still love the sound. 1 3/4 straight pipe with headers.

7. Mesa Muffler on Harbor in Costa Mesa - Russ is a Hot Rodder and does exemplary work - it is also the Cleanest Muffler Shop you will ever see. His dad started the business back in the 60's. You will NOT be Sorry!

8. wingman9

wingman9
    from left coast

Don is exactly right. Another place is Mike Leach's shop @ Kraemer & Chapman in Orange.

9. Weasel

Weasel

Fantasy Muffler in Buena Park just off the I-5 Beach Blvd exit by CarMax - they have done several hot rods for me and do great work....

10. BigDogSS

BigDogSS
    from SoCal

Ok, now I do need an exhaust system....for realsies. I need an update on the recommendations here. I'm looking for a better than average system at a fair price.
    I just heard Mesa Muffler is now closed.
    Here are my options with my observations about them:
    Muffler Man in Placentia --> Expensive. $200+ more than any other shop. No cars actively being worked on in the shop when I've been there (twice). Both guys just sitting in the office. However, they seem to do good work.
    West Coast Muffler in Garden Grove --> close by and seems to be OK. Carries little stock. A couple little things bothered me on jobs he did for others.
    B&M Muffler also in Garden Grove. --> Did a friends truck and looks OK. But the Yelp reviews don't look good for the front office guy.
    Mesa Muffler in Costa Mesa. Now closed for good. However, their main guy Bud is still doing some exhaust work at a friends shop in CM.
    Anyone use Plaza in Orange? A-1 in Santa Ana? Any others I should consider?
    Thanks!!

Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
  11. partssaloon

partssaloon

2nd the opinion on Fantasy Muffler in Buena Park, Just replaced the system they put on my ranchero in 1965

12. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

Tiger at A-1 muffler in Santa Ana makes really nice headers for VW's , I'm sure that he's more that capable for your needs . I did send a friend there for some custom work on an outlaw Porsche , and he was more than pleased .

13. toml24

toml24

Go to the FREE Donut Derelicts car show in Huntington Beach on Saturday morning. There will be 250 vintage cars and trucks on display and you can ask any of the owners for a referral and they will be happy to help you any way they can.

14. Crookshanks

Crookshanks

Arce Muffler in Whittier. Hands down worth the drive.

15. BigDogSS

BigDogSS
    from SoCal

Hi All,
    OK, exhaust installed on my OT 1967 Impala SS. I ended up going to Westcoast Muffler in Garden Grove after I polled all (5) of the major independent repair shops in the area. They ALL recommended Westcoast. The owner, (Ron) fabbed up a full dual exhaust system w/Flowmaster 40s and H-pipe. It turned out AWESOME!!
    Two bonuses --> 1) He was able to do this on a Saturday. 2) He was about $200-250 less than any other quote I received.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015