Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 53' Victoria Build Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lincolnhead, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Crazy Legs

Crazy Legs

lookin good! - what did you use to strip the paint?

2. lincolnhead

lincolnhead
    from Marysville

Hi Squablow,

Good morning. Front bumper and pics if you got them? thank would be killer.

3. lincolnhead

lincolnhead
    from Marysville

Hey Crazy legs,

I actually use a 2 stage process to strip. I read a ton of posts here and found its was basically a toss up of stripper and paint removal wheels. so i did both.

I'm using Tail Strip. bought it at the local O'rielly's auto parts. I just bought the small can to test it out it was only 9.99. but works great but doesn't completely strip all the paint. Harbour Frieght has the paint removal wheels for 4.99.

1 large can and 1 small can of tail strip should do the whole car

and about 3-4 wheels should finish it up.

a little over 60.00 bucks and some time playing in dust. will save me over 700.00 for just blasting the outside.

-Chris

4. hopped up

hopped up
    from So Cal

I like the them vickies..Sweet rides!

5. lincolnhead

lincolnhead
    from Marysville

It will be on areostar coils this weekend and the blocks are going in also. ill post pics when finished. im excited. also trying to find a cont kit. i think that would look killer.

6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My mom drove a 52 Vic for a couple of years when I was about 10 years old along with a couple of 52/53 or so Merc Hardtops. I wouldn't mind finding one for my flathead as I don't know if I am going to come up with an A to put it in.

7. lincolnhead

lincolnhead
    from Marysville

there are a couple of them on seattle.craigslist.org for around 1-2K.

8. lincolnhead

lincolnhead
    from Marysville

Just scored my new rear bumper off of a 52-54 Merc on CL had to buy it as a package deal.
    Came with a 56 Buick front bumper and a 59 Fairlane rear bumper with original plates on both rears. With a little modding of the merc rear it's gonna fit just nicely.

9. lincolnhead

lincolnhead
    from Marysville

Also if any PNW HAMBers are gonna be at the Puyallup swap meet please let me know so I can stop by.

10. nice start on a Vicky you got there.....keep it up!

11. lincolnhead

lincolnhead
    from Marysville

It's a battle for sure. Went with some rear arch panels I got on eBay, they came in this afternoon took them outta the box.... Not what I was expecting. Arches don't line up. Contour is all wrong. Nobody's fault but mine, I fired up the Mac and purchased new patch panels from Macs, I hope it's a better fit.

12. modelamotorhead

modelamotorhead

Still following your thread. Man I hate it when you get a part on ebay that doesn't fit. MAC'S patch panels usually are right on for fitment though. Vicky's lookin' good.

13. lincolnhead

lincolnhead
    from Marysville

Just picked up some pretty mint 54-55 Caddy hubcaps from the Puyallup Swap meet.

also trade a CB75o for an english wheel and planishing hammer, and not that harbor freight crap. let the sheetmetal fabrication begin. (when its warmer )

Attached Files:

14. lincolnhead

lincolnhead
    from Marysville

Didn't get much work done this evening. Working on the stand for the wheel and planishing hammer. But hey everylittle bit counts.

Did however get some trim holes filled and smoothed! Post the pics up in the AM to tired!

15. lincolnhead

lincolnhead
    from Marysville

Putting around in the garage last night and decided to start frenching my headlights. I was Originally going to us some Olds rings and go that route but decided not to. i need to weld up some nuts to the fender for easy of removal and re-installation, or do my fellow HAMBers have a different way ya'll do your headlights?

Attached Files:

16. lincolnhead

lincolnhead
    from Marysville

Once frenching is complete Peaking the hood and fenders are next.

17. lincolnhead

lincolnhead
    from Marysville

well my lead kit from Eastwood didn't show up today. so i guess the filling will have to wait. off to the left side.

Attached Files:

18. lincolnhead

lincolnhead
    from Marysville

Ok so both headlights are awaiting the kit from Eastwood! Pulled the interior out and all glass! I'm gonna start chopping it. 2/3 chop. Any pointers on this?

19. sierra rod shop

sierra rod shop

20. lincolnhead

lincolnhead
    from Marysville

took a brake from the Vicky, my 4 year old daughter wanted a wagon. so i made this.

Attached Files:

21. Keeney

Keeney

Nice wagon and car too.

22. new54belair

new54belair

Lincolnhead , what ever happened with the chop top. Did you ever get any pointers that you can pass on ?

23. lincolnhead

lincolnhead
    from Marysville

Hi, all its been a while since i could update on my Vic, i haven't had much time to invest in the Chop... other life priorities have came up to take the time to handle the chop. this summer should be a different topic though :D

im have been able to find a sweet stock pile of 52-54 parts :cool:

here has which i came up with on the tail lights. i know i know another set of Olds tails. but i like'em i was able to get the complete housing and lens at the portland swap meet.

Attached Files:

24. Squablow

Squablow

Are those '55 98 tails? I like them, the chrome spears are cool. I have the tried-and-true 56 88 lenses in my '52, but I like what you have going on there.

25. lincolnhead

lincolnhead
    from Marysville

Thanks! Yess these are 55 olds 98. Been looking for 2 years for the whole light assemblies.with the spears. Got them with a package deal along with a 37 ford grill.

Haven't pulled the 53 rear bumper yet I'm.still debating on using a 54 merc bumper... I want to throw a 59 cad front plate box on i... to get rid of the " Mercury" logo in the center.

26. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Did you check out Direct Sheetmetal?

27. lincolnhead

lincolnhead
    from Marysville

been a while since i updated. i got my step notch mocked with the rear cross member also.

Attached Files:

28. lincolnhead

lincolnhead
    from Marysville

got the a little more done on the car. step notch installed and 4 link welded up.

Attached Files:

29. lincolnhead

lincolnhead
    from Marysville

how the rear end sits with the spacers between the bag plates.

Attached Files:

• low.jpg
      low.jpg
      File size:
      110.7 KB
      Views:
  30. lincolnhead

lincolnhead
    from Marysville

pulled the harbor freight furniture dollies of and set her back on the ground.

Attached Files:

Cooon likes this.