Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Where are the HAMBers in Wisconsin?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 37hotrod, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Well, I am back living in the land of beer and cheese, and I couldn't be happier about it. I lived in the Milwaukee area for 10 years, moved away, and now I'm back. But I'm living on the other side of the state now. Where are the HAMBers, and HAMB friendly events, near Madison? I'm actually living in Baraboo, so anything near the Baraboo / Portage / Dells area would be fair game. Any good cruise nights or get togethers? I can find the big shows pretty easily, but looking for some like minded individuals to hang out with. Hook a brother up!

2. Larry W

Larry W
    from kansas

in the land of beer and cheese Have you checked the watering hole ???

3. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

Welcome back to the land of beer and cheese. I live a bit south of you in Kenosha on the Wi/Il border.

4. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

I am over in Portage . Not the most die hard h.a.m.b.er here, I love all kinds of builds , as long as they are built safe and driven hard and all the while looking like they are show quality. I do tend to prefer most cars 64 and older but I do have a couple mid 60s mustangs in my stable. Larry

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015

5. 1pickup

1pickup

Poynette here. There is a Tuesday Cruiseday at the intersection of I 90 & Hwy 60 @ the All Stop. Live Music, more cars than you would think, & A&W root beer. Not a HAMB friendly only event, but plenty of those cars & some damn nice people. I don't go often, but try to get to a few.

6. Might have to check out next Tuesday night in Poynette. What time do things get going?

7. Portage isn't too far from where I am. Might have to come check out the stash.

8. A Boner

A Boner

They will all be at the "Cheaters" show on August 22nd, 2015.

9. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

great cruise night tonight in Albion, which is between Edgerton and Stoughton.

I-90 to Hwy 51 Stoughton exit. Take immediate left onto County A. Just a bit down the road

corn roast and live music tonight

10. evil clown

evil clown
    from Verona, WI

If you want close - there's a good cruise night in Baraboo on Wednesdays, I'm pretty sure it's weekly. (We haven't made it in awhile.) They leave from Pierce's grocery store (on hwy 12) at 6:30, go for a nice cruise and usually stop somewhere for a burger or to view a car collection, etc. It's not a HAMB only type event, but there's a good number of car guys in your area.

11. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

My friend Dennis Kluge helps over see the Baraboo Cruisers on Wed. Nite as well as some bigger week end stuff My friend Ron Nelson helps oversee the Tues. night cruise at the all stop by Lodi. We all belong to the Dells Area Cruisers and we put on the Automotion show in May at Noahs arc. And despite What said on here we are a h a m b friendly show! You can't feel welcome if you don.t come to begin with!!! If you start asking around you will find out that I use to have a big Hot rod, Kustom and restoration shop on the north side of Portage called L&L Custom Performance. The economy and a certain bank that is no longer around put an end to that. So I sold the building in 2007 and now I just build what I want , when I want and for who I want. I also book a bunch of rooms for back to the 50s every year and a bunch of us cruise up there and have a great time . If you have never been there all I can say if you cannot find stuff you like up there , your not trying !!! lol Larry Gapinski