Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Ever have one of those days in the garage?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Aug 10, 2015.

1. czuch az

czuch az

Jeebus, I had it easy last weekend.
    I drained the oil and lookedfor the new filter. Nope,"I have alot of filters for this"
    2 years ago I was relaxing the rear suspension on an OT and the spring plate was in two places at once. I didnt know my arm was broken. I just knew it too bigga owie to stitch and wanted to git-r-done. Then it came rushing and I knew the day was over. Still got the engine and tranny and all the tools into the garage before calling the wife at work. 7 months before I finished the car.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  2. I make an effort to try and put everything away after I'm done with a specific job.
    Sometimes, I think I put things away too good. I have found on certain occasions
    when I'm ready to do something else, I can't find those materials I put away last time.
    So while scratching my head and wasting an hour looking for it,. finally I just go and buy it.
    Then after I get back home and start working, it never fails, I find that missing item
    laying in the only spot I didn't check.:eek::rolleyes:

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  3. stimpy

stimpy

I was going thru zip wheels like butter so instead of putting them in a drawer I put them on a peg so I can see how many I have left and the last package I put a tag on to remind me to order more . I hang that on the peg over the last 5

patmanta and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  4. Good idea,I honestly believe I have some somewhere but outta sight, outta mind,,I just bought 10 and going to follow your led by hanging them in plain sight. HRP

5. 2015 5 window 077.jpg 2015 5 window 005.jpg 2015 5 window 033.jpg 2015 5 window 049.jpg 2015 5 window 051.jpg 2015 5 window 061.jpg 2015 5 window 072.jpg 2015 5 window 075.jpg 2015 5 window 076.jpg Ya want a bad day, get ready-------- Bought a project 32 , all it needed was paint and interior. Drove it on and off the trailer and around a few miles.
    1 month later the paint and interior are finished,
    I've also already sold the car to a friend. He's givin me a healthy down payment.
    Got to take it out and put a few miles on it B4 I deliver it 2 him.
    Fire it up and let it warm up, do a walk around and notice a lot of water coming outta the left xhaust. Shut er down, check the oil and as suspected gotta milk shake.
    Cracked head or block.
    Bite the bullet and order a new crate motor.
    Guess what I did this past week end?

volvobrynk and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  6. Yep hurt the pocket book, but will keep a good friend HRP

7. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Sounds just like my day

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  8. BobbyFullen

BobbyFullen
    from Kerrville

If it were easy everyone would do it right!

clem and da34guy like this.
  9. I always remember projects dont have to be done at the end of the day i save the bad days for the daily driver take your time and enjoy it

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  10. When shit happens in the garage I just sit down with a cold one.:cool: My wife walks in and she knows not to ask.:rolleyes: There is always a cold one in my garage fridge.;) After I cool down things look better.:p

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  11. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Well spent the day in the garage, all went well...Really...Now you all jealous? BUT I was working on my wife's new pantry doors! The guy that was commissioned to do it fell off his new build garage roof..I keep telling him he did it it on purpose..

slack and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  12. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

HRP, I think some of this bad mojo you've been receiving through shitty comments is having a negative effect on you.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  13. Bawahahaha,,HRP

14. my six sigma rating would be about a 1.5...........

15. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Did Jeg's or whoever you bought it from make it good, or is that even in the cards when we buy an engine? I have a personal reason for asking, don't you know.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  16. prpmmp

prpmmp

Man I feel alot better!! I thought I was the only Fucknuckle here:eek: Pete

volvobrynk and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  17. wicarnut

wicarnut

You are not alone, sometimes, many times, I've asked myself, WHY can something so easy turn into a gaint F story. I have learned to walk away and let the problem sit and when I get back to it, the mountain usually has transformed into a mole hill.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  18. Planned to put a new inner tube in my tractor tire so that I could mow today and spend the rest of the week working on my hotrod. Got everything together, laid out the tire on the wheel and pulled out the inner tube that I bought Saturday at Tractor Supply. Got a 16-6.50 tube instead of a 6.50-8 X 16 tube. Duh. Now, I know rubber stretches, but not enough to cover my screwup.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  19. chessterd5

chessterd5
    from u.s.a.

The fun of having a one car garage is unloading everything off the top of the trunk you didn't put up last time, so you can roll the car outside to clean up the garage. But that's okay! I got the floor cut & laid in, The top wood cut, & the door panels roughed to size. Oh! and it was a 106* today, a box fan in the driveway ain't much but its better than nothing!

20. gas & guns

gas & guns

If profanity was pennies, my shit would be shiney, fast and clean with help hired to do it.

stimpy and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  21. Expecting one tomorrow, cleaned up the shop today. Probably wont be able to find anything till it's a sorry mess again.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  22. Tn. Trash

Tn. Trash

SNAFU..............I should have this tattooed on my forehead.

HOTRODPRIMER and slowmotion like this.

23. I just ate it, bought the new bullet from Jegs, stuffed it in, and it barked right off. Ran the cam in (after settin timing) and it's good to go now. Idles smuuuth, great throttle response and 60 lbs of oil pressure @ idle, on Lucas breakin oil.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  24. What happened to you with the engine really sucks. What you're doing/did to keep peace with a good friend is a great thing. People with integrity are (sadly) rare.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  25. Thanx fiddysixF, $1500 and a days work is nuttin compared to a friendship.

charleyw, Tn. Trash and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  26. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

Have you been looking over my shoulder?

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  27. One needs parts and I can't find my summit book,
    One needs final tuned but has a dead battery.
    My battery charger out on loan and my back up is on the Frits.
    One needs a cam sensor but can't find the keys to bump the starter.
    Found them keys finally and that battery is dead.

If it's not one thing is 10 or 12 of them

volvobrynk, patmanta and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  28. If there are two or more ways to do something, and one of those ways can result in a catastrophe, then someone will do it. Left to themselves, things tend to go from bad to worse. It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious. :rolleyes: HRP

29. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

If someone doesn't value a friendship enough to do that, I wouldn't want them for a friend, good on you for doing the right thing, even though it cost that much to do it. :cool:

da34guy likes this.