Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1932 Ford 5W Project "Marooned"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AV8R, Aug 9, 2015.

1. AV8R

AV8R

After seeing so many nice build threads on here, I thought I should share my first car build thread. Last year I purchased/ rescued a 32 Ford 5W coupe which had been marooned in the bush. So the car project is labeled as such and also gives a hint to the color I'd like to use on the car :)

The car will be built with a slightly modern driveline but with a very traditional look in mind. Here it is as I found it:
    1932 5 window 1.jpg 1932 5 window 11.jpg 1932 5 window 2.jpg

Last edited: Dec 7, 2023
    Torkwrench, skatermann and kiwijeff like this.
  2. AV8R

AV8R

3. I saw where you posted the photo recently,I will be following this build. HRP

SOHC427 likes this.
  4. Pete

Pete

These are the builds that I love!!! Subscribed.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.

5. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

6. I've worked on some rough cars but admire guys that take on projects like this. HRP

7. TigerFan

TigerFan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Athens, GA

Now that's a project! Good luck; I look forward to seeing the results. What are your plans?

8. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Like Pete these are the rescues I love so much! Keep it coming. Subscribed.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  9. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Be sure to check out United Pacific for body parts, they sure helped me with my 5w project.

10. It looks like it was a junk yard parts car in the past. Lots of stuff removed. With diligence and hard work you can probably put that back on the road. But that frame is hurting badly. I hope you can weld..:rolleyes:

11. PKap

PKap
    from Alberta

Sometimes you just gotta save it. For a first build, you certainly took a big bite! Don't be afraid to ask for help and encouragement, there are lots of helpful experienced people here. ( especially on a deuce coupe!)

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

12. flatford39

flatford39

whatever you do with that frame please try to find the serial number under the drivers side cowl that is stamped in the frame. you may need it later when titling comes around.

13. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

At first glance, that looks like a giant pile of shit, but the more you look, the better it is. That is actually a pretty decent body and definitely buildable.

If you get this one done, you might qualify for the Jim Sibley Hall Of Fame.

Good luck, -Abone.

14. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

That's an early 32 (firewall & dash). Where's it's been cut thru the quarters is very strange. I wonder what they were doing. Good luck on the project.

15. hotrod36

hotrod36

Can't wait to see the progress

16. I love it! Subscribed

17. Just needs a little lovin'
    I'm watching

18. thequietwon

thequietwon

That little jewel is definately buildable. Like others, I am curious as to why it has the odd cut in the quarters...
    Sam

19. Great find ! As mentioned earlier need to record the frame serial number to title the car. I would do that before you even start work.
    There are 3 places the serial number is found first is on drivers side top frame rail above front suspension. The second location is on top frame rail drivers side in door area and third location is drivers side top of frame above the rear differential hump.
    I take my hat off for you taking on this project. I would also jump in on that body. Always looking for a challenge.
    Vic

20. On the note about the rear quarter cut out. I have found that many of these were done to carry golf clubs. Not the way I would go about hauling clubs but have found this practice common for golfers with older cars.
    Vic

21. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Maybe because the trunk was full of beer?

Runnin shine likes this.
  22. scotti32

scotti32

Look like a challenge, i am keen to see it progress.

23. Not beer, Moonshine. :D

Having just seen the movie 'Lawless', I was thinking of the maroon 32 Roadster as I opened the thread. ;)

24. XERB

XERB

Fantastic find, makes you wonder who left it there and why...good luck with the build too!

25. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dang it doesn't even look too rusty. Shame you didn't get to it before the hackers. Even a cut header panel and had a hack at What's left of the frame. Still a solid start, good luck.

26. hotrod1948

hotrod1948
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Milton, WI

I think if you are careful, it will buff out!

27. waxhead

waxhead
    from West Oz

Not quite sure it will buff out :) but will be watching just incase.

28. Exactly what I was thinking !

Gotta love these back from the dead projects, hats off to you if you can pull this off.

29. 32 desoto 7-15 007.jpg ...and I thot mine was ruff...(32 Desoto)...I know you will make a neat car out of that Ford.