Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Hunnert Car Headsup, Who's Going?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Zettle Bros., Jul 21, 2015.

1. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

With the Meltdown now behind us and some of us still wanting more old time drag racing, who's going to the Hunnert Car Headsup Sept. 12th at Byron?

v8brit likes this.
  2. Finn Jensen

Finn Jensen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've made it every year and I'll be there again.

v8brit likes this.
  3. heads up 15.jpg ...myself and the rest of the Tin Butcher's swapmeet crew will be there as we're runnin the swap there as well; the Czars originally weren't gonna have a swap due to limited help, so we talked em in to letting us do it......you gotta have a swapmeet,...so bring your stuff and clean out your shop and make some money and space for that winter project. Hope this event does well...everybody .spread the word.

v8brit likes this.
  4. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

I may try this year ,at least it should be cooler than the Meltdown.

5. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

Looks like a good time. I used to got to the Hunnert Car Pile Up, and that was always a great time.

6. i cant make it.. i wish i could. its the week before drag week and i will be getting everything loaded up.

7. Kool49

Kool49

We just had a great week end at the Meltdown. Will try my best to get to the Pile up. Last one I went to was here in my area Decatur IL. Was awesome . Hopefully I can get the 31 somewhat turn key so I can bring it.

8. rawcjw19

rawcjw19

Do you have to preregister? Do they limit the entry?

9. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

I'll be there. Could never go to it before, due to schedule conflicts. Sure glad that it's in September.....The weather should be cooler than The Meltdown.

10. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

I think there is some confusion with the old "Pileup" show and the "Headsup" drag race in Sept. This one focuses on Drag racing.

11. brechlrl

brechlrl
    from Wisconsin

I will be there... Hope they get a good turnout

12. hotrod1948

hotrod1948
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Milton, WI

Does anyone know why they moved it from Great Lakes to Byron?

13. cs39ford

cs39ford

I was planning on going. But I will be in greenfield Iowa on that Saturday Hope they have a good turn out. Would be great to have two great drag events in Byron.

14. ...the move was due to conflicts with the track and schedules, the Heads-up almost always ran the same weekend as the Tin Butchers "Scrap Drive" show/swap,...neither event could change the dates so they wouldn't run at the same time.
    ...lots of guys like the Byron strip better anyway, plus this will give us a Fall nostalgia drag event....you'll just have to drive a bit further .

15. hotrod1948

hotrod1948
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Milton, WI

The venue works for me. Saturday at the hunnert car and the following Wednesday at the Grove for Drag Week. Hope the weather holds for both.

16. rusty 1 you can count on it. squirrel and i will both be there. stop by and say hi. cordova is a great track.

17. bigslim55

bigslim55

I plan on being their! Should be a good time! I thought they'd be at the Meltdown promoting the Hunnert car event passing out flyers to racers or attendees?
    Jimbo...

18. ...there was one Czar at the Meltdown handing out cards for the Heads-up, I got a few, but could use more to pass out til September.

19. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

I would of thought there would have been more.

20. bigslim55

bigslim55

I know Norb(Tickity Boo) said he was going, not sure about his buddy Jay with the Falcon? We were talking at Meltdown that we thought they'd be there promoting Hunnert Car. It wasn't 5 minutes later & announcer came on & talked about the Hunnert Car... Maybe we can talk Scott(Powrshiftr) into coming back with Mustang? Only problem is its a 66' & Hunnert Car is 65' & earlier... I don't want to wait till next year to see the Okiedoker/Lakeshore SHAKKER run each other...! I'm with Zettle bros, I want to see some more old time drag racing...! Let's hope the Hunnert is a success...!
    Jimbo...

21. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

I hope the Hunnert car takes off too Big Slim. I hope they get the numbers or I'm sure the track won't let them have there own day again. We found some cards in the GTO so I know that someone was handing them out during the Meltdown. I haven't heard much on here from the Czars as too updates and such.

22. ...I'm pretty sure the Heads-up was always pretty successful at Union Grove, so it should do well at Byron if enuf people get the word out of the venue /time change.
    You realize it's only 7 weeks til the Heads-up?

23. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

7 weeks!!!!!! Oh, thanks Sam!!! LOL

24. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Is there any pre-registration? Didn't see anything on their website.

25. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Torkwrench, I don't think there is any preregistering, just show up. I just wish there was some hype about this event so too get people to come in numbers. I feel if there isn't much talk about it, then one might forget about it.

Finn Jensen and Torkwrench like this.
  26. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

We have been talking about it. Even heard it mention at Symco this weekend.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

27. ....I'm still trying to get in touch with someone in the Chrome Czars to find out details on the swapmeet as a few Tin Butcher members are running that section for them;...I've called and left messages with a member but still no reply, these guys are very laid-back as far as promoting this event. On the other hand, I've been telling everyone about the Heads-Up,...most people have not heard about it, but are glad to hear about it.
    The Flying Eyeball Reunion in Davenport, Iowa (Mississippi Valley Fairgrounds) is another event with virtually no promotion; it's this coming Sat Aug. 15th and is sposed to have a special tribute to the 55 Chevy's turning 60 years old.

28. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Good your spreading the word Sam. I too get the " Really, there is another nostalgic drag race going to be held at Byron this year?" Are any Czars watching this thread? You guys still alive?

29. tricky steve

tricky steve
    from fenton,mo.

is the track open to just <1965 cars, like the melt down? or do they mix in with a regular program ?
    I'm re-configuring my stupid rocker arms, to be reliable (I hope) not sure I'll have the extra $ to go this year, but next year, yep.
    thanks guys