Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical auto rotissirie

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by plymouthgoat, Aug 9, 2015.

1. plymouthgoat

plymouthgoat
    from Wisconsin

Just looking to see if anyone has a favorite brand of car rotissirrie. Any problems with any brands.

2. I have a set of plans hanging here next to me from UltimatePlans.net, very nice plans with a very complete cut list, parts list, etc. They also sell some of the laser cut parts for this setup online - If you like fabbing your own stuff this looks like a good bet.

3. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

I made mine using two cherry pickers and shop scrap ...

4. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

I made from scrap and mimicked (Not copied) the best features from popular brands that are readily available. Hydraulic rams and HD with 5mm RHS so it's heavy. It will take my fully assembled 46 Olds and then some. I have some plans but can't locate them.
    Autotwirler, Roto 2000 rotisserie_004.jpg Rotisserie.jpg rotisserie_002.jpg

5. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

We checked out a few brands before my Son bought his from Auto Twirler. He upgraded it to the air/hydraulic lift rams and they make it really easy to use. One person can lift it to the point where the car will spin over with one hand.

Don

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

73RR likes this.
  6. fuzzface

fuzzface

I've got the Whirly jig pro model with almost all the options. I like the bigger tire options because I can pull it in or out of my garage to my asphalt driveway that has a difference height. Wouldn't be able to with the standard wheels that come on it. I can actually maneuver it by hand but I use the hitch because my shop is located on a hilltop and don't want to lose it.

I've had it many many years and no problems except I had to replace one cylinder but I had my wrecker on it at the time, so I had it overloaded.

7. mcsfabrication

mcsfabrication
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Auto Twirler, should have done it many years ago. Super product, good people to deal with. They do show special pricing too.

8. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

the best ones are the ones you build from scrap for free.

9. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

This is what I used ,$75 worth of tubing , rolls over easy but the best part is it doesn't take up any room to store. dcp0446.jpg dcp0447.jpg