Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Found this in an old moving trailer

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by farmergal, Oct 31, 2011.

1. drptop70ss

drptop70ss
    from NY

LOL trust me cola and tin foil will not bring this one back! I do have another nice unpitted grille I picked up at a swap meet for possible future install. Right now it is too nice and wouldnt match the other trim!

2. Slopok

Slopok

Love your resourcefulness, you've given a new meaning to recycling. I also agree that using a donor car is definitely the way to do it on the cheap. Excellent job on what you have accomplished so far and in a relatively short time frame. It's not gonna get any worse if you don't clear it til you paint. Good luck on the chrome.

3. drptop70ss

drptop70ss
    from NY

Thanks, trying to stay low buck definately makes you come up with some off beat ways to get it done. I have less than $5K in the build and it is as reliable as a new car. But cooler and a lot more fun to drive.

4. Rusty Heaps

Rusty Heaps

I like your low-buck patinated build, gives me some good ideas. I hope to see more progress soon.

5. drptop70ss

drptop70ss
    from NY

Other than some interior updates and hooking up an ipod there wont be much for updates, having too much fun just driving it. Only issue with the car is with 2x the original HP the rear leaf springs will wrap up quick if you get on the gas too hard from a stop and the driveshaft will hit the X frame. Have to look into a smaller diameter or more necked down driveshaft to get some more clearance, smaller diameter would be the easiest but I have to figure out the critical speed numbers. Car is too low for traction bars, maybe a pinon snubber will be easier.

6. Do you suppose that there might be some way to add a half leaf to the front of the spring pack? Probably wouldn't add much if any to the spring rate but might help stiffen the front of the spring to help counter the axle wrap. :rolleyes:

7. drptop70ss

drptop70ss
    from NY

Minor milestone, turned 10000 miles today. Still have to update the rear suspension, can only get on it from a 20mph roll and still cant put it to the floor.

[​IMG]

8. slosteve

slosteve

Glad that you're still enjoying the fruits of your labor.

Steve

9. indyjps

indyjps

Great low buck door panels, that plastic board works well. Keep on the lookout for chrome trim on other vehicles that are the right length, you can dress these up if you choose.

I like the build, saw the thread when it came outta the container and didn't expect it to get built.

10. drptop70ss

drptop70ss
    from NY

Thank you, the car is a lot of fun and I met a lot of cool people over the last few years that I would not have met if I were driving a "normal" car.
    I have a few jag IRS setups here, maybe I should put one of those in to cure the rear spring wind up issue.

11. mrspeedyt

mrspeedyt

i don’t see any of drptop70ss’ photos… only ❌ s…