Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration >>>>>Friday Art Show for Bo 08-07-2015<<<<<

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jigger, Aug 6, 2015.

1. robber

robber

Thanks, Jigger! I would love to have an Olds version right now too... but I would be just as happy to have your sled! I am really diggin' the nose treatment, Jigger! :) COOL!

Jigger likes this.
  2. robber

robber

Here's some repops of sled shots... just for grins :D cp 162.jpg cp 256.jpg cp 357.jpg cp 363.jpg

50 customcoupe, themoose and Cruisin' like this.
  3. Thanks robber. This is the old post-it doodle from way back when. The headlight surrounds and grille openings were intended to reflect one another and were inspired by the ’65-’69 Corvair’s.

[​IMG]

4. slammed

slammed

11755374_1642261996048861_7411503140962688420_n.jpg Fine lines, Wizard from Tulsa.

5. Cheers Steve, I am liking it too. Just a bit of fine tuning and we are in business... :)

robber likes this.
  6. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

7. Another pic taken a couple of years back...
    IMG_0980oilcropcc60.jpg

8. Limefire

Limefire
    from Ohio

Sorry to hear the news about Bo Huff. Multiple myeloma is an insidious, always fatal, cancer to have. I've lost a number of friends to it. I used to post here but had to stop as I wasn't doing artwork anymore. Due to that wonderful defoliant the Untied States government and armed forces thought was okay to indiscriminately spray on forests in Vietnam and in many cases on U.S. forces, Agent Orange, I have been fighting the same cancer as Bo for a little over 5 years. I've been fortunate to be able to knock it down with the help of some excellent oncologists and I'm in remission at the moment. However I had significant bone involvement, myeloma in a good number of folks attacks the bones in one's body, and they fracture without much provocation. Due to 8 vertebrae fractures and 7 ribs from this cancer I'm unable to hand draw or work very long on the computer so I called it quits some time ago. I miss art very much. It and photography was my life for pretty much my entire career, including my stint as a combat photographer in Vietnam. I still follow this forum most Fridays to see what's going on although I didn't have to time to log in yesterday. I have a feeling I know what Bo went though in his battle with myeloma, I know how difficult it can be to push through when you're dealing with this fatal cancer and the effects of the life-extending chemo. My regards to his family and friends, all of those who were close to him. Godspeed Bo.

Jigger, Animal, robber and 1 other person like this.
  9. That is NICE!:cool:

10. Limefire, thank you for taking the time to post and putting up on here your personal take on things.
    It really brings home, the battles faced in more ways than one.
    If the least we can do, is to bring enjoyment by the posts we put on the F.A.S we have done our job.
    To be able to share our talents, embrace art and inspire others is golden.
    I wish you all the best.
    David

Jigger and robber like this.
  11. RIP Bo - we all start somewhere and end somewhere, and it's what we do with what's given us in between that makes the difference. Sometimes, from humble beginnings comes greatness......... FAS 8 aug 15.jpg

Jigger, ct1932ford, rusty1 and 3 others like this.
  12. Rustomiser

Rustomiser

Frogz likes this.
  13. Rustomiser

Rustomiser

great stuff Bob. really cool,... and clever.

14. Rustomiser

Rustomiser

Have not been able to contribute anything for such a long time due to one thing and another,..in fact have not even been able to visit the hamb for weeks. It is good to see the usual suspects still contributing stellar work.
    Frogz and Bob,...WOW!
    Spoggie, Cruisin culture, Robber...cool stuff as per always. thanks to everyone else for posting.

Cruisin' and robber like this.
  15. Cruisin' likes this.
  16. Limefire,
    Thanks for taking time to drop this note and thank you for your service in times of war. I’m sorry the battle came home with you and I pray that you find peace and comfort through this terrible trial. Fortitude, such as yours, is itself a powerful tool for inspiration. God bless you and Godspeed to you as well.
    Mark

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
    Animal and robber like this.
  17. Rustomiser

Rustomiser

robber likes this.
  18. Thanks Rustomiser...I thought I'd try to create something a little dramatic by blending the clouds and smoke from the steam engine to give things an ominous appearance and by using fairly subtle colors throughout with just a touch of fall color in the trees to add interest. Also...Thanks everyone for the likes.

Rustomiser likes this.
  19. Limefire,
    As a fellow veteran, my heart goes out to you. I admired your art work you shared with us on the FAS. I hope in writing my admiration gives you a sense of joy. I will be thinking of you and hope others as well on the FAS/HAMB. Please don't be a stranger and if you can, post your past work. I know I'll appreciate it. God bless you.

Animal, Jigger and robber like this.
  20. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

This FAS was a fitting tribute to a very creative man.
    Godspeed Bo.

Spoggie and Jigger like this.
  21. Limefire, as stated above, I am so hurt to hear your service followed you home and has made your life so hard. As a fellow veteran, I salute you, Brother, and would also be happy to see some of your past work. It always made me smile. :)

Jigger likes this.