Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage UPDATED WITH PHOTOS! Going For Broke...50 day Cross-Country Road Trip Family Style

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by surfcaliforniasurf, May 7, 2015.

1. gonmad

gonmad

Awesome stuff brother!! Glad y'all made it back safe and sound. Thank you for sharing it all with us, well maybe not "all"!! LoL!!

2. jocktherock

jocktherock
    from Sweden

Thanks alot from Sweden,God Bless you. Awesom!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Glad to hear you guys made it home safe and sound. What an amazing journey ! Memories forever.

4. Thanks for letting me ride along on your trip. The pictures were all great. Enjoyed following along.

5. pumpman

pumpman

Well, now I have to go and get a new barco lounger, we wore it out on this one. Thanks for taking us along with you and your family, you did real good. May your journey through life be as rewarding and exciting as the trip you have just experienced. Live long and prosper.

Special Ed likes this.
  6. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

Congrats on making it home safely and thanks for posting all the pics. My wife and I were disappointed that you couldn't stop by for lunch since you were within half a mile of our house. She was going to spend part of that morning baking 3-4 dozen chocolate chip cookies for you to take with you. We were glad to see that you stopped by a few interesting places in Kentucky - the Louisville Slugger baseball bat factory and museum, the Cave City area and also the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green....

7. Caprice89

Caprice89

Again, thanks for sharing your great experience with us. Now the regular life again... :)

8. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

Just spent a couple of hours enjoying your trip! Thanks so much for taking us along!

9. Awesome trip. Glad you and your family made it home safely. Thanks for taking the time to share your journey, my wife and I enjoyed the ride!

10. dad-bud

dad-bud

Thanks Shawn and Kenna for sharing your great journey with us. I hope you guys remember it always

11. Great write ups- followed the whole trip- awesome dudes-

12. A trip you and your family will be talking about for the rest of your lives!

This picture would make a great Norman Rockwell painting!

[​IMG]

jakespeed63 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  13. S

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

14. jeta12

jeta12

Thanks for posting and taking us along!!!

15. gonmad likes this.
  16. Special Ed

Special Ed

So here's the deal, Shawn ... :cool:
    You've left us hanging.
    No bueno, my friend. Experiencing this vicariously with you and your family has motivated many on here to take more/longer road trips, but we need some closure on this one. :rolleyes:
    You'll find this difficult to believe, but my parents also took my sister and I on a similar road trip (but of shorter duration) across this country. It was also in a '59 vehicle, but it was in a NEW (at the time) Ford Fairlane, so following along with you was a particularly memory-inspiring journey. Thanks for sharing, but we need at least one additional post from you. Please?

jakespeed63 and hendelec like this.
  17. Saw the wagon for sale on Craigslist, what happened?

18. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

What ?!?!?! Say it isn't so !!!

19. it is also listed in the HAMB classifieds. :)

20. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Man, if I owned such a beautiful car so long, and made such an EPIC trip with my family in it, you'd have to pry that car out of my cold, dead fingers ! Life is life and all , but boy, that car would be a part of the family.

Special Ed likes this.
  21. surfcaliforniasurf

surfcaliforniasurf

@Buddy Palumbo @Heavy Metal @pat59 When we got back to our new hometown after the trip I met an old man when I got out of the water surfing. We chatted for close to an hour, and he told me he had a 64 dodgecustom 88 wagon that was all original with a whole lot of receipts that he was thinking of selling. I went and took a look at it and it was insane and drove perfectly! I decided to throw the wagon up to see if I could get a buyer and make some money and score a cool new wagon. I had some offers but I wasn't in a place where I was going to give my 59 away. A week later I saw the dodge on craigslist with his son-in-law selling it. I called and asked for another week to gather some funds, and then next thing I know a friend on facebook is posting pictures of his new wagon. So my wagon is no longer for sale and probably never will be. It does need a little cosmetic love in the next year, some rust repair in doors and quarters, and then a respray!

22. I am happy to hear the wagon is staying with you! Mopar wagons are cool, but I think your 59' has more personality and style, not to mention all of the memories you have made in it.

jakespeed63 likes this.
  23. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

At least one of your buddies wound up with it.

24. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

I can certainly understand the urge for something different , but at the same time, in glad your keeping your wagon. It's so full of memories for you guys, and trust me, you'd ALWAYS wish you had it back. I've made that mistake numerous times. It stinks :( . If I wasn't on the other side of the country, i'd help you fix some of her cancer issues - maybe someone on the west coast can help you out. Make it too nice and you won't want to use it, lol.