Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Which one Walker, Griffin, Brass works radiator?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mcmopar, Jul 19, 2015.

1. He didn't say mental, he said metal...:eek:
    One more thing I can say about the Walker radiators is that the one I had fit perfectly.

Model T1 likes this.
  2. I've used walker, US and original. I like re cored original, tanks are thicker, looks original but only for stock or slightly modified cars....sometimes the old tanks can't handle more pressure (going from a 4lb cap to a 15lb). So I say Walker or US if you need new.

3. Model T1

Model T1

That too. I've got two titanium hips so I have both fatigues.

56don likes this.
  4. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I've sold and used many Walker radiators in the last 35 years. Never had one that didn't fit and to date no comebacks.

5. mike bowling

mike bowling

Radiator shops are going the way of the dinosaur around here ( and, unfortunately machine shops) Between mass production from overseas and the EPA regulations, the price of doing business is too great. As far as radiators? I've had both Walker and Brassworks and they worked well ( just hurts paying the bill- but like someone said to me, it's cheaper than a new motor!)

6. bobd1976

bobd1976
    from Illinois

Custom Auto Radiator also known as C.A.R. Check out their website and look under Builder pricing to see all the radiators available and price. I have one in my 34 Dodge pickup and 48 Plymouth. Very high quality and bolted right in. Very helpful and knowledgeable people.

7. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

Thanks everyone. Danny, thanks I looked at there website and couldn't find one. Does anyone know what vendors sell walker radiators.

8. Tony, send Gary (krylon32) at Cornhusker's Rod & Custom a conversation.

He is a Alliance Vendor. HRP

9. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

Sometimes I should read a little better, then start asking questions. Message has been sent. Thanks again.

10. skipperman

skipperman

Used them ALL .... a few good ones out there.. but.... the BEST ??
    WALKER !!

....... Jersey Skip

11. I've had two Griffin's - One in my 32 and one in my Falcon. Had both over 10 years now and no problems with either. Had a US and while no problems, it just didn't seem quite as nice as the Griffin's.
    Had a Walker in an F-1 magazine project I built, seemed very nice quality.

12. Special Ed

Special Ed

Griffin was VERY accommodating to me, and I have had one in my Jet for over twelve years. It has exceeded any and all of my expectations ...

13. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

I went Walker this time around over local Ozzie radiators. Cost me more, their reputation and quality convinced me to hand over the $$.

14. I had a Walker. Now run a Brassworks in my RPU. No comparison. The Brassworks is unequaled in quality and service.

15. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

I just received my radiator from Walker, and was very surprised when it was a copper one not aluminum. I am happier with a copper one. It looks to be very good quality, but cant see anything because of paint. This is a part I don't have to worry about now, or later when driving.
    Thanks Gary at Cornhusker Rod and Customs.

16. LOL...obviously after reading the recommendations you definetly need to chose Walker...or Griffin...or Brassworks.

17. sponge

sponge
    from Austin tx

I have a walker in my coupe with a 350 In texas heat and just a mechanical fan. Runs great at 190 all day in 100 degree heat.

18. I think you will be extremely happy with your choice. HRP

19. Gman0046

Gman0046

Walker, Griffin and Brassworks would all be a good choice. I am partial to Walker as I've used several of their products with great results. Besides copper/brass has a greater cooling coefficient then aluminum.

Gary

40fordtudor and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  20. Von MoPar

Von MoPar
    from Australia

Yes, I also have used 3 of these on my 1933 MoPar's great company to deal with.

21. DRD57

DRD57

I've had a Walker in my Model A for close to 20 years with no problems. I also use US Radiator and Brassworks in customer cars and they're good too.

22. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

25 years ago, when I first built my 27 roadster, no one would make me a radiator because the 32 grille shell was chopped 8 1/2 inches. Walker said no radiator that short would cool a sbf engine, but the Brassworks said "no problem." At that time I paid $700 to have them custom make me a radiator with a 32 top tank and a model a bottom tank (to match my frame) and they did it with a 3 1/2 inch thick core.

For all these years the radiator did a great job and kept the 302 and my new 331 at 180 even here in Florida. I am redoing the car and just had them build me the exact same radiator, this time it was $1000.00. but it is perfect. They got it done in 6 weeks and it matches the old one perfectly.

So, Brassworks gets my vote.

Don

23. fordor41

fordor41

Walker. They stand up to everything except a white tailed deer!!