Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest BO Huff passes away

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flattandscruggs1, Aug 4, 2015.

1. flattandscruggs1

flattandscruggs1
    from alabama

as you might or might not know that bo hoff the famous kustomizer passed away last night i want to know what are you favorite memories of him go ahead and post photos of him and his cats there tributes rolling in on facebook.we will see you in heaven on the other side be safe my friend.he was fighting a hard road with cancer man cancer sucks my dad passed away because of it 4 years ago.

bohuff.jpg

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
    BoHuffismyHero, 23 Skidoo and papacub like this.
  2. 117harv

117harv

R.I.P. Bo you will be missed thanks for your contributions to the car world.

jangleguy likes this.
  3. I am not sure that I ever met Bo Huff but I have met some of his work. This is a great loss to our community.

For all those who have spent time with him or who have been or are close to him my condolences.

4. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Wow, I just saw it on FB. I know he's had health issues in the past few years, but it's terrible to lose another great customizer. Love his style, hate it, or a little bit of both, Bo was a talented builder and by all accounts a helluva nice guy. Godspeed.

5. RIP Bo.
    My thoughts and prayers to you and your family and extended family.

6. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Only met Bo a handfull of times. Made it to his Dragerton car show once. Best damned party ever, and Bo was the coolest nicest guy.
    Was about 4 years ago I heard he had months to live. Way to go Bo for kicking it so long.

7. flattandscruggs1

flattandscruggs1
    from alabama

here is another pic of bo bohuff2.jpg

papacub likes this.
  8. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry to see you go, Bo,

9. mikhett

mikhett
    from jackson nj

Never met him but admired his work.R.I.P. BO!

10. wreckfixer

wreckfixer

I met Bo a few years back in Salina,Ks treated me like a true friend, even asking my opinion on a certain 53 Merc custom. RIP Bo!

11. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Rest in peace sir. Your wizardry will inspire for generations.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  12. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Wow - sure was an icon in the car world - sincere sympathy goes out to his Family, friends and fans. yep, cancer sucks - nasty and deadly stuff

13. RIP, Mr. Huff. Cancer is a scourge that claims way too many people way too soon.

14. 1pickup

1pickup

The legends keep leaving us. Show them all the proper respect while you still can. RIP

40fordtudor likes this.
  15. He will be missed. What a great guy. Met him once and he was a real pleasure to talk to. God Bless

16. Sadly we say goodbye to a modern day Renaissance man,Bo accomplished great notoriety in the world of Custom cars..his presence will be missed.

Condolences to the family and his many friends..God Speed! HRP

lothiandon1940, 40fordtudor and Nobey like this.
  17. Sombreros

Sombreros
    from Tilghman

Rest easy, Bo

18. flattandscruggs1

flattandscruggs1
    from alabama

this is what i wrote on his facebook page
    rest in peace my friend you are such a great inspiration for us in the car world we will see you heaven one day we love you bo man cancer sucks my dad passed away 4 years ago because of it.god speed to you my friend we will keep your memories of you and the great days you always kept up with us. we love you buddy your friend Allen Culver Streator,illinois

19. A few years ago, I had my Olds in Axel's Suede Palace at the GNRS. The rules were that I had to tape the gas filler neck and disconnect the battery. I forgot to bring tools. Nobody had a 1/2" to lend me. Old Bo walked around and found an old Crescent wrench. Went way out of his way for a stranger. Of course, he and I are around the same age, so we had that in common. He brought a shoe shine stand with him. He'd see me, every day, in beat up hiking boots and tell me to wear better shoes so he could get me a shine. I thought the car he brought that year was really ugly. Didn't matter. I'm glad I got to meet him. He was the real, authentic deal. RIP, Bo Huff, there won't be another like him, soon.

23 Skidoo, Avgas and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  20. Steve

Steve

21. Damn another legend gone...
    RIP Bo or better yet tear the place up and tell em you got the wrong guy

23 Skidoo likes this.
  22. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Another great one gone, RIP Bo.

23. brady1929

brady1929

24. Butch M

Butch M

RIP Bo prayers for you and your family

25. My buddy and I talked to Bo briefly at Goodguys in 2007. In 2009 we popped in unexpectedly on our way home from Bonneville and he remembered us from Goodguys. He showed us his shop and projects, opened up his museum, shared a few beers and invited us to stay the night, set up our camper in the museum parking lot, share a pot of chili for dinner. We were on a tight schedule and couldn't stay. Wish now we had. One helluva guy. RIP Bo.

23 Skidoo and Merge like this.
  26. In 2008 these two men and I were on our way to Bonneville Speedweek. The man on the left was my Dad and the man in the middle is our friend Dean Click. On our way, we decided to roll through Carbondale, Mount Carbon, or Carbon something Utah to meet Bo Huff. The reason I don't remember the name of the town is because Bo referred to his hometown as Dragerton, UT. I was twenty something years old and convinced that Bo Huff was the greatest hot rodder of all time because i had read about him in the pages of Ol' Skool Rodz Magazine. Dean and my Dad were unconvinced because they'd never heard of him.
    The only problem with our unannounced visit was that this was a Sunday. Dragerton is a small town and it didn't take long to figure out where his shop was located. We drove to it and found out that it was indeed closed on Sundays. I was very disappointed because I wanted to meet him and show the two old men with me that they didn't know every Hot Rodding legend in the history of our hobby. We looked in the windows and were amazed at how cool the museum/shop was. It was filled with cars, collectibles, and colorful hot rod paraphernalia. We were bummed that we had missed Bo and on the way out of town we stopped to fill up at a gas station. I asked the guy behind the counter if he new Bo because this was a very small town. He did. The man gave us directions to Bo's house and said he won't mind if you come over...he's a great guy. We drove to Bo's house not knowing what to expect. The house was in a middle class neighborhood not unlike most neighborhoods. I knew it was Bo's house when we arrived because it had a red 55'-57' Chevy Truck and Bo's 41' "Rockabilly Hound Dog" in the driveway. Also, rockabilly music was playing so loud we could hear it in the street. I knocked on the door and soon a young, skinny, teenage boy came to answer. The boy yelled for his dad, slammed the door, and walked away without acknowledging me anymore. I could tell this sort of thing had happened before. About 30 seconds later Bo came to the door wearing only a bath towel wanting to know what in the hell I wanted. I introduced myself quickly and apologized for disturbing him. The whole situation had spiraled completely out of control and it was about as awkward a moment as I've experienced. Bo rolled his eyes and slammed the door. I turned around and defeatedly walked back to my Dad and buddy who were waiting in the car and at this point laughing their asses off at me.
    Before I could get to the car, Bo opened the door back up wearing blue jeans yelled at me,
    "Hey Man, I'm Just Fucking With You!"
    We spent the rest of the day hanging out with Bo at his shop and looking at his cars and bullshitting about what it was like growing up in Dragerton, UT for a young hot rodder. He showed us how he sprayed cars using lace stencils and talked about how the old timers used special tricks to do it when he was a kid. He invited us to a party that his favorite band would playing at. The party was at his shop one week later. The band featured a 7 year old lead guitarist/singer. You could tell, this guy loved kids and he was quite proud of his own. He talked about all the competitions his son had won pin striping and he made sure we said hello to his daughter while at Speedweek. She was working in a Mountain Dew promotional booth as I remember. Unfortunately, we didn't make it to the party although we all wished we would have.
    Three years later, we saw Bo at the KKOA show in Salina, KS. He remembered us and we spent an hour checking out his car and talking like old friends. I took the pictures below that day. At that point, Bo had already fought one round of Cancer and he said he was ready to fight as many as was in his future because he had "Too many cars left to build."
    Two years ago I lost my Dad and Best Friend to an aggressive form of Leukemia. I will always be thankful for the time he and I spent with Mr. Huff.
    Gone But Never Forgotten, Bo Huff.

Bo Huff & Dad.jpg Bo Huff & Dad II.jpg

Ulu, 23 Skidoo, salf100 and 6 others like this.
  27. Nobey

Nobey

What Danny said......

28. Met Bo in Fort WOrth at GG in 06 . Stopped by his place in 2010 on my way back from Salt flats and his boy said he had just got in from Denver and was laying down and didn't feel good . I gues that was the start . Ran into him again a few years latter at Viva Las Vegas . We had a great time even though you could tell he was hurting. I will always remember him as a gentleman and a friend . Cruise on Bo .

23 Skidoo likes this.
  29. GASSERBOB

GASSERBOB
    from USA

30. R.I.P. Bo. Damn shame. I was hopeful he would beat this.