Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods HAMB sighting: North Houston

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Texas36, Feb 14, 2015.

1. Coming home from work today I spotted a guy hauling a chopped steel 32 5 window coupe body in the back of his truck. Had a HAMB sticker on the back window. If youre "the guy" and you are reading this, Nice car! I look forward to seeing the finished product one day.

Haha, Im not too sure if this type of thread is appropriate here but I figured this is the best way to find him.
    Also, crappy phone picture:
    [​IMG]

2. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

That sold at Conroe swap meet yesterday

40fordtudor and turboroadster like this.
  3. Just curious how the op knew for sure it was a steel body.

4. there was a ton of stuff at the swap, man o man, some prices were crazy but there were deals to be had, today is the big deal day, people will sell cheaper instead of loading it up and hauling it home. so much to look at.

5. I got up real close to check it out. Im PRETTY sure it was, but then again I could be wrong haha. There arent too many real 32s to be had anymore.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. aldixie

aldixie

It was a real steel 32.

7. I bought it that day.

Attached Files:

8. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1438663077.668544.jpg

Here it is yesterday.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

motoandy, MO_JUNK, pat59 and 6 others like this.
  9. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

thank gawd you didn't make another AG clone...now give us the wheel/tire sizes ;)

10. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

That's exactly what popped into my feeble little brain when I saw it, Larry!

Great minds think alike....or something like that.

3wLarry likes this.
  11. That's a nice looking car the way it sets,what's the plan? HRP

[​IMG]

12. Thanks, the tire size is 7.50-16 rear and 5.50-16 fronts. A lot of work to do but at least it's driving now.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

hotrodtom likes this.
  13. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

5 months to build from a body, man you didn't waste any time ! Looks good, nice stance.

14. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Hey thats a nice rod!

I would go as fare as claiming if the AG milner coupé looked that good, nobody would bitch and moan over it!!!!

Is that old steelies or new repop/non brand specific rims?
    How many pedals?

And that is way to few pictures of a rod that good looking!

hotrodtom and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  15. Thanks, but I cheated. This vehicle was built by Ralph Miller here in Houston. 8-9 Months ago this was a running driving vehicle. Ralph disassembled the vehicle and sold the body to me at a swapmeet. He retained the chassis and running gear because he had located a 3 window that he intended to switch with this body. A few weeks went by and he ended buying a complete 32' instead which left him with an extra chassis that just happened to fit my car perfect. So, we struck a deal and I re-assembled the car. Right now, I am fixing door alignment issues, cutting in a trunk (the old one was leaded in back in the 50's), and doing lots of body work. After this, I will paint the vehicle Washington Blue and at some point put the fenders back on. I'll update with some progress pics soon. I haven't been on the HAMB as much since the switch over to the new software. I resist change.

kidcampbell71 and volvobrynk like this.
  16. Tn. Trash

Tn. Trash

Great looking car. I had a 77` GMC long bed in the same color as this truck years ago, I miss that truck.
    32` looks good, post picks when you get it done.

17. Brownie.JPG
    Thanks, the Chevy Truck was my first vehicle. My Dad bought it for me 20 something years ago. He's gone but it's still here...

18. Wow I didnt think my thread would ever be see again haha. Great looking car, its clearly in good hands.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

19. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

the car looks pretty damn good now, but I bet it will look awesome once its the new color!

20. Just out of curiousity, did I buy a Wilton Vice from you online? Would've shipped to Taos, NM.

21. I believe the car resides in Bryan,Texas. The new owner(not good at names) had it at the Texas Hoedown in Hempstead about a month ago; said he bought it from a man in Houston named Ralph.

22. I live in Spring, TX.

23. My father collected vices. He may have been him. He passed in 2013.

24. nailhead terry

nailhead terry