Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical A coupe rear body support

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by youngsspeed, Aug 2, 2015.

1. youngsspeed

youngsspeed

how have you guys supported the rear crossmember of your model A coupe bodies when removing the rear bumpers and brackets? I have z'd the frame and raised the rear spring crossmember 5 inches. also, I removed the rear bumper and mounts (which wouldn't work with the frame Mods anyway).
    so, now I have all the other body mounts in and the doors fitting right. I now need to support the rear body crossmember to hold it in place.
    please share some ideas with pics. rhanks

2. Bbhf

Bbhf
    from Ct

Yes. Make up a bracket to bolt on to the rear bumper mount on the crossmember that the spring is mounted in. That bracket has a tab in the direction of the mounting holes, Bring it back and make a tee and bolt it to the two holes that are there for the rear bumper riser, I made mine out of 1 x 1/4 flat stock. This makes a nice straight support to the back of the car. I hope this helps, I can see it while I am writing but hope you get the picture. I should mention that my frame was stock so this might not work. Sorry Sk