Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Need a chopped 32 grille insert....Help!

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Par34, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Par34

Par34

I have a Brookville grille shell that I was going to chop for my 31 coupe build, called Dales and they no longer shell their 2 1/2 chopped grille, the guy that was building them retired. Where can I buy a 2 1/2" chopped grille or even a 4" chopped grille???

2. Why not get a stock height insert and fit it to your chopped grill shell?

3. Par34

Par34

Don't want to chop the grill insert and I am going to chop the shell. I know about alumicraft but that's not in the budget. I know about speedway but that insert is chopped 4 1/2"

4. Drive'em

Drive'em

You said in your post you would go to a 4" chop. So why is a 1/2" that big of a difference? Just saying, since you stated you don't want to chop an insert yourself. Seems the logical solution would be the 4 1/2" chopped shell with the Speedway 4 1/2" insert.

5. Par34

Par34

I am really looking for a 2 1/2" chopped insert so 4 1/2" seems too much.
    I guess I'm a pain in the a##! :)

6. 4thhorseman

4thhorseman
    from SW Desert

Build your own out of a '40 Plymouth fender. :D

metlmunchr and timwhit like this.
  7. The bars come out of the insert the best I remember. Cutting the insert frame shouldn't be real difficult leaving you with having to cut each bar and re-install. Sounds worse than it is...go for it!!!

8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

One thing to consider is that you have people (shops) that can do a stellar job on one a couple of hours drive in either direction from where you sit. It just depends on whether you want to turn left or right when you hit 35.

9. Par34

Par34

That's a good idea Mr48chev what shops are you talking about?