Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Tachometer ID Stewart Warner maybe?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BOSTONCAMARO, Aug 2, 2015.

1. image.jpg Thought it would be great in a Gasser, part number is 35501380.

thanks!

2. SchlottyD

SchlottyD

Not sure but I would like to know as well. I have one IDENTICAL to that going in my Falcon.

3. i uploaded from my phone, thanks for flipping!

4. If you take it out of the cup there will be more info on the back of the tach part. Usually a part number and a date. Also how many wires? BTW, the 35501380 is the part number for the face......This looks like an early Sun tach.

5. oh....i can see now that it does look more like a vintage sun...i will take it out of cup, thanks...i forget how many wires only looked at it quickly

6. I also think that is an earlier Sun tach.

7. slowmotion

slowmotion

I don't think Sun, maybe RAC of Dixco possibly. Had one very similar in the early seventies. Think I bought it at Western Auto for cheap.

2racer likes this.
  8. doesnt seem to say sun anywhere but has cylinder selection dial on back

9. VanTach-4-550x412.jpg
    I think the Sun (like most others) had single digit numbers (x1000) rather than double digit (x100).
    Does the inside look like this? You could buy this type of no-name tach from J.C. Whitney or Manny, Moe, and Jack for at least two solid decades.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
    hipster likes this.
  10. you must be left handed.

11. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

It's a 'Greenline Sun'. Saw some of them advertised with a couple of those terrible Dixco things from
    Western Auto as @slowmotion stated.
    The 'Greenline' tried to make its debut in the shadow of Sun's red dot that ceased production in the '60s.
    Only saw greenlines in nerd rides...

12. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix