Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Goodguys Giveaways??Really?!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by phukinartie, Jul 16, 2015.

1. slammed

slammed

Just look at some of the posters & you'll see why Timmy Don Rainmaker!

2. ronnieroadster

ronnieroadster

Goodguys give away's that's a JOKE many years a go I was a lucky giveaway winner at a Goodguys event in PA. Sent the proper paper work to the vendor for that special giveaway guess what I never received the item. I did contact the vendor and was promised it was coming but it never came. Even after talking with the Goodguy folks still nothing arrived.
    The Jokes on those of us who give these promoters our money to enter their event. We provide the show so the promoter can charge spectators to come and see our rides. Now some would say without the promoter their would be no show. I say without our cars their is no show. Something's wrong with the whole picture at least that's how I see it.

Paul B, Budget36 and slammed like this.
  3. Model T1

Model T1

Personally I like the Turkey Run at Daytona, and all the little shows going on all week. That's also where I used to sign up for GoodGuys. Sadly we can't walk well enough to go to either and I refuse to join the millions of middle aged handicapped people on golf carts.
    As mentioned car events are to meet old friends, make new ones, and look at cars and junk. We enjoyed talking to the many vendors every year. Whether we bought anything or not they were friendly.

4. Gman0046

Gman0046

Best rod run in the country is the Frog Follies Evansville, IN. $15 includes T shirt, free dinner, free gift, coffee, donuts sand great swap meet. All profits go to charity. No concession stand rip offs there.

Ronnieroadster has it right. About time car owners wised up and stopped making bags of money for Greedguys. NSRA not too bad with low registration
    fees and decent giveaways.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
  5. uncle buck

uncle buck

And you HAVE TO BE A MEMBER whether you want to be or not at both GG and NSRA events to enter a car. That keeps me away from them both - not to mention no NSRA events in the Pacific Northwest

Yutan Flash likes this.
  6. ol'55

ol'55

Ronnyroadster has it correct. Back in the 70's I.S.C.A. even payed us to show our cars. NO CARS =NO SHOW

slammed likes this.
  7. Blue Coupe

Blue Coupe

You give away your money to them, so that you can play with them! Sounds strange and perverse, but to some folk, it's the only game around!

8. 117harv

117harv

This is now a "featured thread" ....sigh

-Brent- and Hnstray like this.
  9. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

I agree. Must be a moratorium on closing threads. I've seen much better threads closed much sooner.

Ray

10. phukinartie

phukinartie

So I went.. of course..I am not a Keyboard Hot rodder.. seen some neat stuff I was most impressed with Dave Kindig of Kindigit Designs Nice guy real approachable Made a bunch of Dave sanwitches for pics I got a shirt and hat they threw in 2 coozies without me asking!..Nice staff Awesome...And talked to a rep they do not like Coopins neither but the powers that be let it go on

11. flamingokid

flamingokid

I had a customer want me to donate some product to his raffle,then buy raffle tickets.I declined.I went to his party,the meatless BBQ,where a grill was provided(donations accepted,we should also bring sides)The raffle consisted of 10 percent off coupons,with Grand Prize being 25% off.REALLY!I asked him what the raffle money was being donated to,he said petty cash,as he was eating my potato salad.Some people.

12. choptop40

choptop40

Ok ..write them an email..be civil and express your concerns....most of the time...if we are nice about it...we can influence things.....

13. raprap

raprap
    from Ohio

Scrap,

You are the "Good Guy" at the events I go to. Always friendly and happy. That's what it's all about! Hey, this year I got my '40 rear ended on Friday afternoon and was back up there at 5:00am on Saturday. Many of my friends said, "I wouldn't go back after that". Hey, it was an accident. No body got hurt. It's a damn freakin car. Had a great time despite the problems. Let it roll off my gearheads. Life is way too short to get hung up on the crap.

scrap metal 48 likes this.
  14. ago

ago
    from pgh. pa.

+1 here. I think GG entry is too high.

15. Just read all the posts I quit GG after driving 4 hours to attend an event paid $18.00 to get in and the swap section was at best 10 booths. The venders section was disappointing. The cars were great.