Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage minibikes

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by INJUNTOM, Jul 7, 2006.

1. Cool. Thanks Bill. The brochure on these say it came with a 3hp.
    And I think a head gasket is the least of my worries!

2. Also,looks like I'm going to be needing a front wheel for a folding Go Devil. Anyone help outta brother?

3. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

What is that in the back ground?

4. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Volvo, it's a bicycle that I motorized over the winter, before and after. We also built "Taco" Knockoff, using a HF 212 cc Honda copy, with torque converter as well. It's a handful ! IMG_4940.JPG IMG_5578.JPG IMG_5484.JPG

GuyW, Hotrodmyk, LONG and 1 other person like this.
  5. And the beat goes on. Picked up the Go Devil an hour ago. Going to start cleaning up what isn't tomorrow. New red powder coat, motor looks great and has great compression. I wonder if that tire will hold air with the broken rim? image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

6. LONG

LONG

a 212 predator on a bicycle........awesome. my 66cc china on my excelsior is fast enough. very nice

7. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Some kids just never grow up huh Marty , how much fun is there in that.
    I'd give anything to find my old Mac 10 powered Ben Hunt minibike from 1967.

8. image.jpg image.jpg Was cleaning on the Go Devil engine today among other parts and found this,(see pic), they look burned to a crisp. When I looked at it before buying it I saw it but thought it was electric tape covering the wire ends.The dude that sold it to me said he was riding it before tearing it down for cleanup and powdercoat, so I don't even know if this is a major problem.
    I see that the one is the wire to the kill switch, but what are the other two? Is this a Go Devil only wire harness, or can I go in and rewire it pretty easily?
    Also anyone know a source for an exploded view of these things so I can find out where all this jigsaw goes?

9. 399.00 and climbing :)

It's a disease without any cure I tell ya.
    I have 7 now. Sold one last Friday and sold another last month.

10. 4 in 3 days. None running. Picked up a newer rolling frame and an old chrome J.C.Penney Bird yesterday too. I'll have these things hanging from trees soon.

11. This is awesome! looks like a mini speedway bike. Cool!!

[​IMG]

volvobrynk likes this.
  12. ^^^ yep !!! That's great

I drive myself crazy with this stuff.
    Can't sleep to well since I've seen this:

[​IMG]

image.jpg

Hotdoggin DaddyO and LONG like this.
  13. LONG and my1971buick like this.

14. moped vs 1000 cc gsxr. Moped in far lane . This is not a vintage mini, however the drivetrain is flat out scary stupid fast and could be put into any vintage bike.

15. It's coming together! I still need a half of a wheel for this thing if anyone has one. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Dean Lowe likes this.
  16. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Dean, My bike has the same wheelbase as a BSA 441 Victor. However, if you want to see a real mini Speedway Bike, watch this video, prepare to be impressed !

17. Wonder if that kid grew up to be a speedway star?

18. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Yes he did, Google his name (Howard Cole Speedway Rider) and you can read his history.

19. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

IMG_20150630_181647.jpg IMG_20150630_181634.jpg Can you guys help me identify this. I think its an old Manco Tri-Rod? Trying to get in the ball park as to Its value , what year ect. Thanks.

Hotdoggin DaddyO and my1971buick like this.
  20. porsche930dude

porsche930dude

I just finished up this little beauty

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

slychamp, LONG, Dean Lowe and 3 others like this.
  21. porsche930dude, that is really cool!

volvobrynk likes this.
  22. Gassy

Gassy
    from Tennessee

Awesome Job. Museum Piece.

23. Got her all finished up!
    I went with a 212 predator engine, header pipe, air filter and re jet.
    Used the parts and cover from a commet cat 99 torque converter and a longer manco belt. It goes way faster than I care to on that little bike, and the low end is enough to jerk it right out from underneath you to the point of being dangerous. I was thinking about a drive gear change to tame some of that low end but that will also increase the top speed that's already too fast.

Really impressed with it.
    image.jpg

LONG, jakespeed63 and loudbang like this.
  24. Porsche930dude, Those 2 bikes are quite tasty looking. Friend's older brother, had one of those Yamaha's when we were teenagers. Was a wicked machine, for it's time. Still very cool, in my book.
    Nice job on the junior board track racer. Well executed.:cool:

25. porsche930dude

porsche930dude

Thanks guys it came out better than I thought it would. Yeah that Yamaha is a 1970 ds6 250 2 stroke 2 cyl. It hauls ass. I dont ride many street bikes so I have nothing to compare it to but its a hoot. I got it for free from my neighbor who bought it new for his high school graduation present. he rode it for like 5 years then just stored it away. He also has a honda ct70 im probrobly going to end up with when he sells his house.

26. LONG

LONG

yes! saw this on OMB. great job!

27. If any of you guys have any Fuji Go Devil parts that you'd like to part with, holler at me. I really need a front wheel (the half without the air valve) and a recoil starter spare.

28. 28TUDOR

28TUDOR

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Here's a JC Penny's bike I built and sold a month or so ago.

29. Anyone have any idea what this one might be? I just got it the other day. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1438824154.111928.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

30. loudbang

loudbang

Can't remember what brand but had one just like is many many moons ago. The taper at the very bottom of the fork tubes is something I remember and worried about bending back in the day.