Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest No. Cal. Cadillacs and Customs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bandreese, Jul 29, 2015.

1. bandreese

bandreese

Whats up I have a custom 55 Caddy and am now in No Cal. I am going to Hot August Nights and since I am new to the area I want to know of clubs, events or if I can hook up with some cool people in Reno next week? Here is a couple pics of the car. I went to 2 shows so far here and won Best of and Clubs choice.

Attached Files:

VintageConcepts and Dave Mc like this.
  2. Love those Old Cadillacs, nice

3. oldrelics

oldrelics
    from Calgary

That's quite a machine, what are the specs/mods?

4. 56premiere

56premiere
    from oregon

Damn nice , You won't have a problem meeting people when you drive that.

5. bandreese

bandreese

14ecets.jpg
    55, series 62. LS1, 4 link suspension, disc brakes, ride tech shocks, Accu-air E ride. Nosed, Decked, shaved, custom made skirts, full Tuxedo interior, Emerald metal flake roof and any metal in the interior is flaked, old school custom built headers to really old cherry bombs I found in the boxes from 1966 in a guys shed (score) sounds like an evil popcorn machine everyone always asks about the sound. It is so different now than in the early 60's I actually had a hole and went to a shop. They asked if I wanted trash these old dated mufflers to make it nice and quiet????? Crazy, I immediately went to a different shop for repair. Ha Ha..

6. That's quite the beautiful 55. Congrats!!

7. bandreese

bandreese

Thank you sir.

8. Ranchero59

Ranchero59

That is a beautiful Cad.

bandreese likes this.
  9. SmokinBill

SmokinBill

bandreese likes this.
  10. WQ59B

WQ59B

Very sweet, and Major Kudos for the flush skirts!

11. bandreese

bandreese

Thank you sir, We really tried to do a traditional custom with some updates to what we have seen for all these years. Just clean no gaps anywhere. That is why these skirts were so important to the overall profile. It is on the lift right now. I am getting it ready for the 300 mile drive up to Reno next week. I will put 600 to 800 miles on it next week in hot weather with altitude. We will see if it looks good parked and hot on the side of the freeway on the way up or if everything we did makes her a real super nice road ready custom. I've spent half my car life on a roadside with tools so either way we will be at Hot August nights for 4 days this year.

12. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Nice '55...saw that Caddy in Santa Maria when I came out for the WCK event a few years ago (unless you were/are not the original owner...and no,I didn't have mine there cuz we flew in to scope out the cars.)

Last year I did a 5,000 mile trip to Canada and Spokane and back to Denver...year before that we did a 5500 mile trip to Canada, across Canada on the Trans Canada Highway to Puyallup, Washington and then back home...cruisin'
    an early Cadillac with a stock 1970 Cadillac 500" V8 is the optimum rod running trip.

Good luck on your trip...I've never been to the Reno show so can't offer any tips...

R-

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  13. bandreese

bandreese

Yes this is the first trip since I took off and replaced everything under the car this year. As always it will go fine and it's not that far. You really get around. I like the books I am gonna order
    Recollections, Regrets, & Random Acts and Fast Cars, 4-Speeds, & Fist-Fights from your website. I am sure our path's will meet again sometime in the future. I watched the caddy get built from you and absolutely love the rear fenders and vents. The grill if I remember right your brother did and spaced it with quarters or something? All I remember is that Caddy is one of my favorite cars I have ever seen. Looking forward to reading your books and seeing you in the future. Blake..

14. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Thanx Blake for the reply...yes, me and my brother put lots of miles on our Caddys (Dan's '54 is pictured below).
    I agree with you, if you're gonna put some serious miles on the car, new parts under the car is always the best bet . IMG_7368.JPG

Hopefully we'll run across each other at some rod run...maybe even in Santa Maria...!!!

R-